Draco Malfoy- Duel (c)

Just because you were in the same house as Draco, it didn't mean that you were friends or even that you held remotely the same ideations. You could confidently say that he was nothing like you and you were proud of that fact but that didn't mean that you weren't forced to pretend to be civil with him for the sake of being Slytherin's.

You were unhappily sat in the common room with Draco and his friends whilst he spoke about how amazing everything was at home and all of the plans that his father had to gain more power for purebloods.

"Of course, it shan't be long until Hogwarts is run by Slytherin's once again," Draco stated. "As we rightfully belong."

"Yes, because being sorted by a hat into a house known for being prejudiced and bigoted obviously makes us better than everyone, it is almost as though we are now accepting our stereotypes," you sighed, tired of the bad name people like him gave to your house when really you were more than happy not being a power-hungry idiot like him.

Draco turned up his nose at you, as you often expected from him.

"It is a true Slytherin's birth right, not that you would know what that is," he spat. "Your father was a traitor to our kind."

You rose from your seat, holding your wand firmly out in front of you, pointed at the boy that infuriated you so much.

"My father fell in love with a muggle, that is not a crime," you frowned. "And I shall promise you Draco that I can ruin you in a duel."

"I would never duel a half blood," he said, his words faltering.

Everyone knew that you were far more capable than he was at spells and duelling, not that anyone would admit that to his face.

"What, you scared I'll kick your arse again?" You asked.

Draco stumbled over his words, not wishing to admit defeat but also not wishing to actually duel you seen as he knew that would end up far worse.

"You could never kick my arse?" He chuckled.

"Then explain duelling club last year. I remember a trip to the medical bay for you and a round of applause for me," you shrugged with a cocky smile.

"How dare you," he hissed. "You filthy blood traitor."

"How does it feel, Malfoy? How does it feel to know I don't need two magical parents to be better than you?"

His cheeks were bright red as he stumbled over his words but all those sat around you were bemused by the interaction, not that they'd show it when Draco looked upon them.

~*~
Written by Charlotte.