Hermione Granger- Jealousy (c)

When you met Hermione, you knew that you would have Crookshanks in your life as well. He was a grumpy creature and seemed to dislike everyone other than Hermione but for some reason he seemed to take a shine to you. Maybe he knew that she loved you, so softened up on you however it still seemed a little disconcerting that the creature, which would bite anyone nearby, often curled up on your lap for a cuddle.

As far as you knew Hermione enjoyed the fact that her pet liked you but when you got home on that day, it put that fact into question. You had been out at work whilst Hermione had the day off, and all you wanted was to come home to your girlfriend and cat. You entered your home and headed to the living room where you assumed they would both be- you were correct. Hermione hadn't heard you enter the house, let alone the room, so was continuing her one-sided conversation with the cat as though no one was watching her interaction.

"Is that what you're doing? Trying to make me hate you?" Hermione huffed at the cat; her arms cross over her chest as she looked down at the fluffy creature that was happily perched on the arm of the sofa.

You hadn't been trying to go unnoticed but the snort of laughter that escaped you let Hermione know that you had been lurking in the doorway of the room. She jumped slightly, turning around to look at you.

"How long have you been there?" She questioned.

"Long enough to hear you accusing Crookshanks of trying to make you hate him," you chuckled. "Was there any reason for that accusation?"

Hermione let out a sigh, avoiding your eye. She hesitated before she decided to admit what she had been talking to her cat about.

"I just feel like he likes you more than me and I'm a little jealous that he seems to like you so much," she frowned.

You shook your head at her, resting a gentle hand onto her shoulder to try and comfort her.

"Hermione, he loves you more than anything. He tolerates my existence in this house, but he is actually fond of being around you. I take it as a great honour that he tolerates me, but I know he could never care about me in the way he cares about you," you explained to her.

"I'm sorry I got jealous about a cat," she said softly.

"Don't worry about it, we all think silly things."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.