Molly Prewett- Comfort (c)

You had become best friends with Molly in Hogwarts when you became roommates and that friendship had survived everything that life had thrown at you. It was almost perfect when she and Arthur wed mere weeks before you and your husband and you became an aunt to her children. Her life seemed perfect. They weren't wealthy but they had love and with the recent birth of their third child, their family was growing beautifully. All you could have wanted was as happy a marriage and family as she had but that was never going to happen.

It was almost your seventh anniversary when your husband revealed that he had been having an affair for the last year and was leaving you for the other woman. It broke your heart and the only place you felt like you could be was with your best friend. You felt a little bad to encroach on their life, but Molly was happy to be there for you, even if she was carrying her new-born everywhere and chasing two young children around.

"William, put your brother down," Molly shouted at her eldest who was carrying his younger brother, likely about to get up to some mischief.

She let out a sigh, running a hand through her red hair.

"I'm sorry for getting in the way Molly," you apologised.

Molly shook her head. "Don't be silly, dear. I am always here for you and I know that the boys love having their auntie around and honestly, I'm overjoyed to have some adult company. Arthur works such long hours, and it does get a little lonely out here with the boys."

You tried to wipe away the tears before they fell but they rolled down your cheeks too quickly for you to catch.

"Don't cry," she smiled softly. "It is his loss."

"I just miss him so much," you cried. "I thought we were happy, we were married for seven years nearly, how could he just walk away from that."

"You can't measure a person's worth by how long they stayed, but how much it hurt for them to leave," Molly said, reaching a hand out to cup your own.

You tried to smile through your tears, but it was hard to show any happiness. You weren't able to say anything before the four year old Charlie rushed up to you to give you a big hug, letting his toothy smile make any worries wash away.

~*~
Written by Charlotte.