George Weasley- Used: Part 1 (c)

Since you were very young, you had had a crush on George Weasley. Your family lived near to the burrow and seen as you were the same age as Ron, you spent a lot of time at the burrow and built a good relationship with the whole family but that didn't mean you got anywhere with your crush. George knew that you liked him, everyone knew that you liked him, it was hard not to but that didn't mean he did anything to help the matter. He could have told you that you had no chance in hell or he could have said he liked you but as time went, he clearly used your interest in him as a way to manipulate you.

When the Yule Ball was announced, you were very excited and hoped that George would ask you to be his date but seen as that didn't happen you decided it would still be a fun night and continued on with your life in Hogwarts as the dance grew closer.

"Y/N," you heard from behind you calling your attention.

You turned around to see the Weasley twin that made your heart skip a beat.

"Hi," you smiled warmly, trying not to become flustered but it was easier said than done.

"Are you going to Hogsmeade this weekend?" He questioned.

"I wasn't planning to," you admitted. "Why?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I need a few things, I thought maybe you could go buy them for me and when you return them, I might even ask you a very important question about the Ball."

Your expression instantly dropped. More and more George had been asking you favours and had made it seem as though you were lucky to be asked of such things by him. It was all becoming too much for you and although you wanted to please him, you weren't going to let your self-worth be ruined by him any longer.

"No," you frowned.

"Do you not want to go to the Ball with me?" He asked, almost offended.

"I have already been asked, thank you," you said firmly. "And they wish to spend time with me, not to manipulate my heart, not to be cruel and selfish, but to spend time with me and have a fond evening. I would say I appreciate your offer, but it seems others can ask someone to the Ball without expecting anything in return."

Although every word made your heart ache more and more, you turned on your heel and walked away not letting him see the pain that your own words were causing you.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.