Day 304

I can't believe it's really over, or at least I hope it is. The murderer is dead. All this time, it was Calixto! He must've learned of our plan to intercept him, so he became desperate and murdered another woman in the middle of the day. He was discovered before he could harvest anything and ran off. We heard the commotion and took chase with a couple guards, cornering him in the home with his altar. He left us no choice, he wasn't backing down. We wounded him enough, and when I tried to talk to him, to get him to surrender, he lunged at me with a dagger. Lydia struck him down with an arrow before he reached me. She saved my life. But two more women are dead because of me...

While the guards took the body away, Lydia and I searched Calixto's home and found no ties to Wuunferth. We did find another journal, which revealed just how insane Calixto was. He was trying to resurrect his sister. The desperation and longing were clear in the words he had written. I almost feel bad for him. He just wanted to be with her again.

I turned in the extra evidence to Jorleif and we'll find out tomorrow whether Wuunferth is free to go. I hope Jorleif will still vouch for me to Ulfric, but I suppose having the court mage falsely locked up doesn't reflect kindly upon me. Honestly, I just want this to be over. I just want Ulfric to accept my allegiance in exchange for sparing Whiterun!