Day 160

It's over. Many of us are in the infirmary, but Ancano was the only fatality, so we're very lucky there. When we arrived, Ancano's ward had grown to encompass the entire college, and everything was chaos. More of those ice spirits had appeared and taken over Winterhold. Students and teachers and guards were frantically battling the spirits in the streets, but with the arch-mage dead, it was like they had no direction.

Once we arrived, I sent word to gather the D.A.D. team. We had to modify our battle strategies, but we adapted well enough. Eventually, we had the teachers, guards, and the rest of the students onboard with our strategies. Everyone kept relying on me to tell them what to do, but thankfully Brelyna and Priscilla knew the strategies as well as I did and we split into three groups. Brelyna and Priscilla's groups fought the ice spirits within the town itself, while my group pushed toward the college. I managed to use the staff to drain the ward, allowing my group to make it across the bridge and enter the college.

We confronted Ancano, demanding he stop. He laughed at us, raving about using the power of the eye to unmake the world, or some such nonsense. Somehow he was drawing power from the eye itself, so I used the staff to drain the eye's power until it sealed itself in response, effectively cutting off the power to Ancano. Then it was a long back and forth battle until we ultimately struck him down. He left us with no choice, really.

Afterward, several members of the Psijic order appeared and teleported the eye away with them. I'm glad they did. I don't understand how the Dwemer managed to construct these objects to hold such power, but it is definitely too dangerous for such things to exist. I hope they destroy it, but I doubt they will. At least it seems their intentions are true, and hopefully they'll keep it from the Synod.

As for now, the college is quiet. Everyone is exhausted, sore, and shocked at everything that transpired here. I can't imagine this will help with how much the Nords already dislike magic and those who use it.

Brelyna has come to check up on me again. I'm so glad she's okay.