Day 197

It is late, and I am tired and sore. I'm also crying again, but I have to be quiet. It took Brelyna long enough to fall asleep, I don't want to wake her.

Today I killed innocent men. We had come across a few bandits attacking Talsgar the Wanderer. We immediately came to his aid, but I missed my target with my arrow and it struck him in the throat. The bandits were on us so much that we couldn't tend to him. We managed to kill them quickly, but it was still too late. He was dead. It was an accident, but some nearby guards from Darkwater Crossing were coming to help and saw what happened. It didn't matter what we said, they were convinced we were another set of bandits or thieves. They must have been close with Talsgar, because they were intent on killing us. In the end, we killed two bandits and three innocent people. I wish I could reverse time. I wish there was something I could do.

It took us until half the night had passed to give the guards and Talsgar a proper burial. I shared some of the times I had encountered Talsgar, the stories he would share. Sometimes we had walked together, keeping each other company. He was a good and kind man. And I took him away from this world.

I won't be sleeping tonight. I don't deserve that kind of peace. Or perhaps I'm afraid of what nightmares might come.

If it wasn't for this war, there would be more guards to patrol the roads, to keep travellers safe. Curse this war!