Day 83

The Defence Against Dragons group got their first proper fight today. A dragon attacked the college itself. I have no idea what drew it here, but the team did quite well. We were organized and communicated clearly, executing our rehearsed strategies with a precision that I was quite proud of. However, a couple students froze up, and that's when the battle took a completely unforeseen turn. Priscilla suddenly joined the fight and, without hesitation, resumed the duties of the incapacitated students. I had designed the strategies with redundancies to account for any member being taken out early, but she was competent enough to account for the absence of both of them.

After the battle, she completely ignored my thanks, and instead made off before the arch-mage arrived. I guess she didn't want it known that she helped or something? I don't even know, but the arch-mage was quite impressed with our work. In fact, almost all the teachers have personally congratulated me today, but I have to keep reminding them that it wasn't just me, it was the entire team.

Well, time to write home before I fall asleep at my desk.

Dear Lucia and Lydia,

I know I'm not being fair, and though I have already apologized for how long I had to stay on Solstheim, I accept that it will be a long time before I can be forgiven. I promise, Lucia, I am doing my best. I don't like being away from you either. But if we want to live safely, there are things I must do. Everything I do is to make certain you are safe. I promise, everything will be better soon, I'll be home far more often,

Lydia, I'm sorry, but I can't send any septims right now. Tuition was more than I expected, but I've found another income source. Please be patient, I am doing my best. And yes, learning magic will be worth it. Just hold on a little longer, and I will send some home soon.

All my love.