Blood Tests

Vivian sat in the cell leaning on the wall. She looked worse than she actually was with her lack of sleep and her make up smeared down her face. Vivian laid on the wall until an officer came. He handed her crutches and walked her out. Vivian limped out of the cell and too the release area where Pauly was waiting. Pauly saw her and his heart ached to see his wife in so much pain. He walked close and wrapped his arms around her kissing her forehead before he helped her out of the station. He sat her in the car and buckled her up kissing her busted swollen lips. 

Vivian: Thanks babe.

Pauly: Anything for my perfect girl.

Vivian smiled softly and laid back in the seat.

Pauly: You didn't sleep did you?

Vivian: No....not well at least.

Pauly: We'll take a nap when we get home. Mike switched with me and is taking my shifts for the week.

Vivian: Are you sure?

Pauly: We got enough money baby.

Vivian nodded her head and laid her head on his shoulder. She leaned into him as he drove them home.

When they got home Pauly picked her up and carried her in. The roomies were all out so no one would disturb them. Vivian let Pauly change her clothes before curling up against the wall. Pauly stripped climbing in bed with her. Vivian snuggled into him burying her face in his neck. She sighed softly as she cuddled up against him. She slept closing her eyes for several hours. 

When she woke up she was alone. She looked at the note on the pillow.

Vivi,

The roomies and I went out to get dinner for the house. We left at 4 so we should be back in about 2 hours. We went to your favorite place. I love you Vivi.

Your husband,

Pauly.

[Vivian: Now is a really good time to go to the doctors without the fam worrying. I am scared it is what I think it is, but it could be a number of different things.]

Vivian smiled at the note. She was going to take this chance to go to the doctors for a minute. She wrote a note telling the family she went for a drive. She hobbled out of the house and into the car. She climbed in and drove off to the doctors. It took about an hour before she was heading home. She made sure that everything was healed over before she walked into the house. She tossed her band-aid and made sure her sleeves covered her arms.

Vivian walked in and saw none of  the roomies were home yet. She tossed the note and sat on the couch nibbling on a pickle. She was ready for a nice meal with the family. Another 30 minutes passed and the family returned with all her favorites.

Pauly: Look who's up!

Vivian: Yeah.

Pauly: How you feeling babe?

Vivian: Sore, but you should see the other guy.

Pauly: We know.

Vivian smiled and kissed his cheek.

Pauly: I love you.

Vivian: I love you more.

[Pauly: I am glad Vivi's home and safe. I have something special for her in the food.]

Vivian: Hey Pauly.

Pauly: What's up babe?

Vivian: Did you get my ring back from the cops?

Pauly: Yes, right here.

Pauly slipped the ring on her finger giving her a tender kiss as the roomies awed. Vivian flipped them off feeling the fear and worry melt from her body as Pauly continued to kiss her sitting next to her. Vivian moved her legs over his and Pauly leaned in wrapping his arms around her waist.

Vinny: Okay not on the couch! We want you to make babies just not here!

Vivian laughed into the kiss as she leaned into Pauly. She made out with him for a bit before pulling back and tangling her fingers in his hair. She sighed happily and brushed his cheek looking at him with her one good eye. Pauly leaned in peppering her face with kisses.

Pauly: Let's go eat beautiful.

Vivian: Carry me?

Pauly: I'll carry you the rest of our lives if you want.

Vivian smiled and pecked his lips as he walked her to the kitchen. He sat her at the table and sat with her one arm around her waist holding her protectively. Vivian smiled and leaned into his chest as she snuggled into him. She ate leaning into his chest and made sure to eat with the family.

Vivian and the family ate having a nice calm meal. They were going to have a calming night together. Vivian leaned into Pauly's side talking and laughing with the family enjoying all the quality time.

Pauly: Oh babe be sure to call your brother's. They were all freaking out calling last night case they said their brother senses were going off.

Vivian: They are always going off!

Pauly: It's cause I married you. They fucking knew when I was going to propose to you.

Vivian: Are you serious?

Pauly: Yes! I was going to ask them at a family dinner and they took me out back and scolded me smacking me around before giving their permission.

Vivian: You do know you only needed my dad's permission right?

Pauly: I wanted the permission of every guy important in your life.

Vivian: Really?

Pauly: I even asked Vin.

Vinny: It was hard to let him go to a woman but I knew it had to be you!

Vivian laughed and nuzzled Pauly's neck leaving a gentle kiss. Pauly rubbed her side holding her tight against his body. He could tell something was bothering her, but he figured it was all from last night. Vivian leaned against Pauly some more before she heard the phone ring.

Vinny: I got it.

Vinny walked over to the phone.

Vinny: Hello?

Doctor: Hello is Vivian DelVecchio there?

Vinny: She's not here at the moment.

[Vinny: I know this looks bad but Vivian told us she just wanted to hang with the family tonight so we're going to make sure she gets no calls.]

Doctor: Is her husband there? Paul DelVecchio?

Vinny: No they are both out. I'm her brother though I can take a message for her.

Doctor: Wonderful. Her blood tests came back sooner than we expected because out in house lab started working again. I did the tests.

Vinny: Tests?

Doctor: I understand she was scared and probably didn't want to tell anyone so it makes sense you don't know. Anyways be sure to tell her.....

[Vinny: *slumped over in the seat his head in his heads*........]