Burn It Down (Avenged Sevenfold)

I looked in the mirror, putting on my mascara, it was taking alot of effort, because lets face it, I didn't want to go to this party, I had absolutely no desire to go to this party. So why am I going you ask, habit, the same reason I was invited. We'd all known eachother for so long it was habit to invite eachother and it was also habit to accept.

Not anymore, tonight would be the last time I made an appearance around this group of friends, well I don't even know if you'd call them friends anymore, we hadn't really been friends for awhile now. Our lives had all gone in seperate directions and for awhile it didn't matter to us, we still remained friends, but now, we were so different it was painfully obvious.

A car horn honked outside. One last quick glance in the mirror, I knew I'd stick out at this party, I didn't look glamorous enough, it didn't bother me, but it bothered some people. I grabbed my bag and went out to the car.

"Ready?" Amelia asked.

I nodded putting on my seat belt. Amelia was my one true friend left over from school, I guess she was in the same boat as me, we both didn't fit in anymore. It didn't bother Amelia as much as it bothered me but that was just the type of person she was, she believed that everything happened for a reason and it should be embraced. Well tonight I was embracing it.

"Let's do this Rie." Amelia said, driving off.

"Enough with Rie, please." I whined.

"Fine Adrienne." She grinned at me.

My nickname just didn't sit well with me anymore, actually alot of things didn't sit well with me anymore.

"So what's this party for?" Amelia asked.

"I dunno, an album or something. Is Mark coming?"

"Yeah, he's meeting us there."

Mark was another school friend invited out of habit.

"Should we know this album?" Amelia asked me.

I shrugged. "It's self titled or something, it's not like anyone will ask for our opinion."

She laughed. "True."

Nobody would ask for our opinion, they'd barely even realise we there.

"You ready?" Amelia asked me again as we pulled up out the front of Brian's house.

Was I ready to let go of my childhood, my past? I didn't know. Was it time to let go of my childhood, my past? Yes it was.

"Let's do this." I said opening my door.

We smiled at eachother and headed inside.