Chapter 122

From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven... And when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together, and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being... - Anonymous -

David concentrated on his singing and acting career and had since been the most favorite concert artist all over Asia... Although a lot of speculations had been conjured as to what really happened between him and Alexa, the truth was never revealed... David would not answer any question regarding his career and would only smile whenever he was asked about Alexa... He would still surf the internet for any news about her... A fan from America once said she saw Alexa in San Francisco and another said she saw her in London... Another said she was in France yet, another saw her in Venice, which was her favorite place... It could be frustrating at times but he never stopped hoping, though, that one day he would read something definite...

At the airport in Hongkong, after another successful concert there, David was walking towards the gate, about to board the plane for Taiwan when he noticed a little girl trying to pacify a little boy who was asking impatiently for his mother... He remembered being that impatient while he was waiting for his stepmother to pick him up in school... The little girl was reaching out for his toy when it fell, stopping in David's path and he nearly stepped on it... Their companions who David assumed were their nannies, gasped as they recognized him but the children remained unfazed... David smiled and picked up the toy and gave it to the little girl who smiled and David's heart lurched... For a brief moment he couldn't help thinking about Alexa remembering the first time he saw that smile...

David : Here you are little one...

Reigne : Thank you, suh... (Clearing the tresses off her face...)

David : (He took notice of the little girl's accent and thought she was a local...) You are welcome... What is your name?

Reigne : (She squinted her eyes and wrinkled her nose as she spoke softly...) Am naught s'posed tuh talk tuh stwangez, suh...

David : (He wanted to hug her but stopped himself...) You are smart... Okay then, my name is David and now that you know me, will you tell me your name?...

Reigne : (Her face lightened up when she heard the name... Her little finger pointed at her brother...) His name, Davey!!! Ma' name is Weigne...

David : (He turned to the little boy...) Hello there... Are you looking for your mother? Where did she go? (The boy only looked pass him and when he saw someone familiar, he took off...)

Davey : Mommy!!!! (Armie, his nanny, was on his side in a jiffy...)

Armie : Don't run, Davey...

David turned his head, in the direction where the child was going but he didn't see anybody... Just then, David's flight was being announced... Val, who was all the while looking on, observing him, tapped him on the shoulder...

Val : That's us, David...

David bade goodbye to the little girl who, in turn, was looking at him intently and gave her a peck on the cheek and a hug before he reluctantly walked away... David looked back to see the boy and saw him hugging a woman in a fisherman's cap...

__________________________

A WEEK EARLIER...

Alexa and Crissy decided to visit the Philippines and slipped into the country to see how their business was doing bringing the kids with them and since the Hongkong Disneyland just opened, Alexa thought of taking the kids there before they headed back to London... They were waiting for their flight back when Davey asked for food... Alexa and Crissy went to a nearby stall and was walking back to where the kids were, when Crissy suddenly stopped in her tracks and hid herself in one of the posts... Alexa paled as she saw what Crissy was hiding from... She heard Davey cried out for her and she could hear him running towards their direction... She thought her heart stopped at that moment then she heard the flight she hoped was David's being announced... Davey appeared before them... She sat on her heels and took him in her arms... Using Davey as shield to cover her face, she sneaked a quick look and saw David hugging Reigne that just broke her heart... She turned to Crissy who was still hiding and she saw the tears that marred her face as she looked at Val... There, she realized the sacrifice her friend had to make for her sake...