Chapter 92

It's the part of you, that you hold the secret to, that many don't see, and I want to dig deeper... With this comes the undeniable passion and sexuality that can fly us heavenward...

Two days before Christmas, Alexa was up and getting ready for an event she never missed for the past 5 years since making a movie at the institution... This year, however, a play would be presented and three the children that Alexa was helping would participate... Since it would also be her first to spend Christmas at her resthouse and her first with David, she decided to go to Tagaytay after the event, hoping David's presence would surprise the children and the staff... Sarah, who had been there helping out with the gifts, was having breakfast with Alexa and Crissy when Jackie arrived together with David, Val and James...

The three of them thought they were headed straight to the resthouse so they were amazed when they made a stopover... At the Center for the Care of Abandoned Children, they were met by Ms. Lopez and an eight-year-old girl who was immediately at Alexa's side the moment she got out of the van... Looking at Alexa, she was obviously very happy to see the girl...

Alexa : Hello, Mugz... How is my baby?

Mugz : (Giving Alexa a kiss...) I am fine po, Mommy Alexa... (Because she was born with a hairlip and a clipped palette that had been operated on just a year ago with Alexa's help, her speech was atypical...)

Alexa : And how is school? (It was Ms. Lopez who answered...)

Ms. Lopez : Naku Ma'am, matutuwa kayo sa kanya... She is at the top of her class...

[Oh Ma'am, you will be very happy with her...]

Alexa : Really? (Looking at Mugz...) For that, I have a surprise for you then... (She smiled looking at David who seemed lost as he looked at the girl...) David, please take off your glasses... (When he did, Ms. Lopez was astounded but Mugz remained unfazed...) Mugz, do you recognize him? (Mugz shook her head shyly...) You don't? Hmmm... That's odd... (She winked at David and he smiled at Mugz... It was Ms. Lopez who reminded her...)

Ms. Lopez : Mugz, lagi natin syang napapanood sa hapon after study time...

[Mugz, we always see him on television after study time...]

Mugz immediately recognized him as soon as Ms. Lopez reminded her about study time... She hid herself behind Alexa in embarrassment and mumbled an excuse...

Mugz : Si Dindo po ba talaga yan? Kasi po, di po ba nasa Taiwan sya?

[Is he really Dindo? Isn't he supposed to be in Taiwan?]

David was the one who approached Mugz and she hugged him tight and he lifted her up and carried her until they reached the stage where the play was about to start... When the other children saw them enter they all stood and greeted them...

Everybody : Good morning, Ms. Alexa and guests... Welcome to CCAC...

Unlike Mugz, the children recognized David as soon as they entered the room... There were more than a few prominent benefactors that the center had invited hoping they could solicit more funds and some of them Alexa knew and had seen before but among the few new guests, a face she thought was familiar caught her attention...

Cecilia Lee Duran attended the event for the first time although she had been helping the institution for a long time now, giving them sacks of rice every month... When her uncle died, Cecilia assumed the responsibility of running the company that had flourished from a supermarket in Binondo to a shopping conglomerate with branches all over the Philippines since her cousin, the real heir, severed her ties with her family after being forced to marry the man she did not love to save her father's business from gong bankrupt...