Chapter 94 (Painful Memories of the Past)

Love is something special, a treasure I want to find...  To others, love is blind but for me, its not true, coz when I fell in love...  I saw you...

In the talent outfit that Jackie owned and managed where she personally handles Alexa's career, she had in her employ, able and equally dedicated personnel who handles the career of their other talents...  However, should there be a predicament in any of her talents contract that would impede their performance, personal or otherwise, Jackie would personally attend and take care of it...  So when one of her talents did just before they left for Taiwan, Jackie had to leave Alexa under Crissy's care until she had settled everything...

Just like David did when he came to the Philippines, Alexa had to work immediately as soon as she got off the plane shooting the sequence as she arrived in Taiwan...  After going through immigration, they had to wait another hour when there were less people around to shoot Alexa's and Nelson's scene where the latter, being the representative of the establishment where she would work as a singer and who had fallen for her the first time he saw her at the bar where she used to work in the Philippines, would meet her...

Alexa felt tired while being led to the car that would take them to the hotel...  Except for the airport scene that took another hour to finish, their next shooting schedule would be after the New Year, so Alexa looked forward to a hot bath and plenty of sleep...  They would have a busy schedule though, promoting the series and attending holiday celebrations the studio had arranged for them...

But the car did not take them straight to the hotel...  Instead, it parked at the basement of a newly built condominium building in Taoyuan City...  Alexa was even more surprised when Val started unloading their luggage from the car...  Crissy was right behind him...

Crissy :  Aren't we going to the hotel?

Val :  This is my surprise to you...  Let's just say, I want you to have second thoughts if ever you should contemplate on changing your mind about marrying me...

Crissy :  What do you mean?

Val :  You'll see...  Let's go...

As Val closed the hood of the back compartment, the car left...  Crissy handed Alexa her bag as the walked towards the elevator...  Alexa lagged behind and when David joined him, she asked...

Alexa :  David, where are we?

David :  This will be your home for the next three months and hopefully for the rest of your life...

Alexa :  Is this another one of your apartments?  How many are there anyway?

David :  Val and I gave up the old one...  Since he had been thinking about spending his life with Crissy, a place of his own became his priority...  This place would be more convenient for you...  It is near the airport since you will be traveling back and forth to your country and not too far from where we work...

David opened the door that's right beside the elevator on the tenth floor and when Alexa entered, she immediately saw a framed picture of her a David hanging on a wall on top of an electric fireplace...  Alexa assumed it was taken by Sarah at her resthouse during one of their unguarded moments...  She walked slowly towards the picture...

Alexa :  David, I thought this is Val's place...  Why is it that our picture is hanging on the wall?

David :  I didn't say that...  What I said was that Val thought of getting a place of his own...  And he did...  What I didn't tell you is, I also got a place for myself and this is it...  (At that moment, after taking Alexa's and David's luggage into the room, Val reappeared...)