Chapter 26

Truly loving another means letting go of all expectations…  It means full acceptance, even celebration of another's personhood…  - Karen Casey -

All throughout the show, it was Jackie and Crissy who were affected the most…  Jackie worked hard to get Alexa to where she is and Alexa strove to achieve her fame and she couldn’t just sit back when the host just mocked her capabilities…

Jackie :  Explain to me what happened, James…  What or WHO gave her right to doubt Alexa’s talent?

James :  Don’t worry, Jackie, I’ll make sure the management learns about this…

Crissy :  Tita Jack…  Listen to the music they are playing for the trivia…  Is it necessary for her to sing it?  Look at Alexa…

Jackie :  It’s gonna be fine, Crissy…  It’s the only time she could share the moment with her father…  She’ll be alright…

Val :  What’s with the song?

Crissy :  (She understood what Jackie meant…)  Shhh…  It’s a song dedicated to the only man Alexa ever loved…

Val however, heard a different answer from Alexa when she said that it was her winning piece in a singing contest…

Val :  Why would that make her sad when…  (He stopped remembering an incident Crissy told him a few days back…)  Oh, was that the song she sang when her father died?  But that was a long time ago!!!  She must really love her father so much…  (He became worried she might falter in her voice if she cries but she did not…  The applause and the standing ovation gave him goose flesh…)  They love her Crissy, look!!!  (When he turned to look at her, she was crying too…  He took her in his arms and gently caress her…)  Oh Crissy, don’t worry too much about her…

Jackie was teary eyed too…  She had sung it so beautifully as if to keep the fire of love burning for her father…  “I know your father is happy to hear you…”

As they walked out of the studio Alexa suddenly seized David’s arm and possessively wound her arms to it…  David was surprised…

Alexa :  David, thank you for your encouragement out there…

David :  Are you alright?

Smiling at him she nodded…  Crissy moved over to be close to her…

Crissy :  What’s that host trying to prove?  Gusto ko syang bigyan ng leksyon…  (She slid both her sleeves up and positioned into a boxing stance…)  [I would like to teach her a lesson…]

Everyone laughed at Crissy and Val put her arms around her shoulder to urge her to move on…

Val :  Let’s go, Tyson…  Save your fire at the ring…  (Crissy gave him a look of contempt at which seeing her expression made him laughed louder…)

Jackie :  (She gave her a hug and whispered…)  I’m sure he heard you, darling and he must be proud of you………  Since we are through for the day, what would you like to do Alexa?

Alexa :  I want to eat and then rest…  Do we have a schedule for tomorrow?

James :  You will have 2 guest appearances…  You will be taping for the Music Box show that airs every Saturday in the morning and a live show called Interaction in the afternoon…

Jackie :  Crissy you better pack your bags tonight or you might not have time to do so tomorrow…

Crissy :  Do we have time to shop?