Chapter 123

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage... - Lao Tzu -

David was having drinks with his director and some co-stars in the new series he would start in a couple of weeks when, the band composed of Filipino musicians, rendered a song that Alexa used to sing... He did not notice it at first as he was in the middle of the brainstorming but...

Don't wanna close my eyes,

Don't wanna fall asleep...

'Cause I miss you babe

And I don't want to miss a thing...

'Cause even when I dream of you,

The sweetest dream will never do,

I'll still miss you babe,

And I don't want to miss a thing...

Suddenly, David fell silent... Where are you? What are you doing right now?

(Spoken in Chinese...)

Director : Hey, David!!! Are you listening? What are you thinking?

David : Oh nothing!!! I think I'm smashed...

Director : Smashed??? But we've not been here long... What's troubling you?

David : Really... It's just that, suddenly, I feel a little giddy... I should be heading back... Whatever you agreed upon, just let me know...

Val, who was sitting across him, could discern what had happened... The song must have struck a chord in his heart... No matter how he seemed from the outside, still he had not forgotten...

David : Let's go back now, Val... (Val finished his drink and stood up...)

In the car, David sat quietly with eyes closed and a hand rubbing his forehead... Val started the engine and turned on the radio...

David : Is she really gone, Val?

Val : Still haven't given up on her, Boss? It's been months since I last talk to her... After over 3 years... Who knows? She could be married by now... I really think it's about time you and Toni get serious and start thinking about marriage... (After what he had learned and the uncertainty that Alexa would ever return to him, he thought he should at least not encourage him to wait...)

David : I would like to but I just could not imagine myself loving another when everything seemed at a standstill... There's nothing wrong with Toni... Her body is perfect but she couldn't even give me a second erection... (Val laugh...) Maybe I've lost it, huh? (But thinking about Alexa and how he used to pity her when she would awaken at his stimulation, he let out a big sigh...) I just want to know what I did wrong... Can't Crissy even give you a hint?

Val : I can't push her, Boss... I almost lost her trying... However, after the wedding I might find something... At least if I can't find a location, I'll try to find the reason...

David once more rubbed his forehead then his eyes to stop the tears that had threatened to fall... He tried to hide it from Val but Val knew what he was going through... It wasn't only once he had seen his friend crying silently in the past but there was nothing he could do... If it wasn't for Trisha he knew Alexa would have told him and David wouldn't let that interfere with their wedding... He only hoped Crissy could convince Alexa that nothing happened that night...

David : So, (His voice cracked up...) hurmm... When are you going to the Philippines?

Val : This weekend... Why don't you go? She could be there, you know... She wouldn't pass up this important moment in her friend's life considering what Crissy had sacrifice for her sake... Your parents will be there too... Jason said he might be able to get away from his work in London...