Chapter 98

And when he speaks to you, believe in him...  Though his voice may shatter your dreams as the northwind lays waste the garden...

The others joined Alexa and David when they heard laughter in the living room of the Hao's family vacation house...  David was then playing You and I, another one of his songs...  When he finished and everyone else already present, he stood up and played Alexa's minus one...  David chose the song Alexa sang on his birthday and at his parents' anniversary party and to their surprise, Marianne joined Alexa...  She had been studying the song eversince Michael said he loved the message the song brought...  Everyone was surprised that Marianne actually had a good voice, even Michael could only listen unable to say a word...

Alexa let Marianne sing the rest as she rejoined David who was still sitting by the piano...  Looking at Marianne singing the song to her husband touched a chord in Alexa's heart and her eyes reddened...

David :  Hey, don't tell me you are about to cry...

Alexa :  Oh David, I just love seeing them like this...  I hope we would still feel the same way as we do now when we reach their age...

David :  No we won't because by then you and I would have loved each other more...

Before they left, Michael gathered everyone for a souvenir picture of the occasion...  It wasn't often that they have company on New Year's Day and this was one rare moment that David had joined them and  Michael felt it should be recorded in photographs...  When it was time for a family picture, Alexa was watching from the side when Michael called out...

Michael :  I'm afraid this picture would not be complete without the new addition to the family...  Where is Ally?  (When he found her...)  Join us and sit beside, David...

Jackie and Crissy were no longer surprised at this seeing how they had treated Alexa since David's birthday...  They were just happy that they had accepted her even when she's not even Chinese...

__________________________

The following days after the New Year, Alexa and David were busy with the series...  Alexa had more scenes than David but he would still be there even when he's not needed...

On a weekend that she was supposed to go home, Alexa opted to stay in Taiwan since the GNA management had given her the option after her accident...  They were more concerned it would be too tiring for her to travel on weekends when she could just rest...  On the other hand, weekends were all work for David...  He had scenes to shoot and it would take the whole day...  Before he got out of bed that morning, he looked at the woman lying beside him...  "What is it, Hon?  Why is it that although you agreed to marry me, I feel that it's not what you really want?  What's holding you up?  There were times when you make me feel so secure with your love but most of the time I feel I'm still begging for it...  I wish it would always be like the night of the New Year where you did not hold back and just let go... "

David :  I really love you, Anya...  I'd do anything to have you here with me forever...

Alexa :  How about allowing me to sleep some more?

David :  (Surprised that she was awake...)  Hmm...  You're awake?  Did I disturb you?

Alexa :  No,  I've been awake for quite a while now...

David :  Then why didn't you say something?

Alexa :  The warmth of your body against mine was so comforting I really don't want to move...

David :  Tired?  (Alexa nodded...)  I'm sorry that I had to keep you awake again last night...

Alexa :  Hon, you need to get up now...  What time do you have to be at the location?