Chapter 52

Love unlocks doors and opens windows that weren't even there before…   - Mignon McLaughlin -

Sarah was grateful that Alexa was not with her for her check up…  After several tests that were done to her, the doctor was not optimistic with her condition…  She was told to come back for the result then was given a prescription for her to take…  She wore a smile on her face when she joined Jason…

Jason :  Are you okay?  What’s wrong with you?  The doctor you saw is a cardiologist, do you have a heart problem?

Sarah :  The doctor says I’m okay but I have to come back for the result of the tests they did on me…  I feel okay…  I was given a prescription to take and the doctor said not to miss it…  So Jason, where do you want to go after this?  Do you want me to take you to the mall?  I will have to buy the medicine anyway…

Sarah enjoyed showing Jason around…  She took him to expensive shops but although he did not buy from them he enjoyed more looking at shops with sale items…  When Sarah tried to pay for the items she chose with the money Alexa gave her through the driver, Jason accidentally saw David’s picture in the envelop and he smiled…  Sarah did not hide from Jason her excitement for having an autographed picture of her favorite asian superstar…  It was obvious that Alexa had not told her anything about him and his relationship with David…

In the evening, Sarah decided to wait for Alexa to thank her for the things she gave her specially David’s picture…  She got the surprise of her life when Alexa told her who Jason was…  Sarah was full of questions about David that she did not notice the time until David’s call came for Alexa…  David was in a good mood and Alexa thought it would make her cousin happy if she could talk to him and he obliged…

__________________________

Jason took Sarah home the next day before he went to his conference…  At the hotel, Jason was surprised when an elegant lady approached him…

Cecilia :  Hello, I am Cecilia Lee Duran…  Are you Mr. Jason Hao?

Jason :  Yes, I am…  (He shook her hand as she extended it to him…)  What can I do for you, Ma’am?

Cecilia :  I was looking forward to meeting Mr. Michael Hao but I was disappointed that he sent a representative instead to attend this conference…  You bear the same surname, how are you related to him?

Jason :  He is my father, Ma’am…  (Jason could feel her excitement building up…)

Cecilia :  Really???  Do you know Marianne Lee?

Jason :  She is now Marianne Hao and she’s my mother…

Cecilia :  Oh my…  It’s been that long!!!  (Not knowing him as a child, she felt sorry for Marianne’s parents and seeing him take responsibilities for his parents made her suddenly missed her cousin…  Teary eyed, she asked…)  How is she?  Oh, by the way, I am your Aunt Cecilia…  Marianne’s father and mine are brothers…  I haven’t seen your mother for years, is she alright?

Jason :  She is fine…  My father was supposed to come but Mom just arrived from Europe and they haven’t seen each other for a while so he decided to send me instead…  (Jason was excited to see a relative from his mother’s side but remained calm and seemed unaffected as he wasn’t sure of his mother’s reaction once she learned of it…)

Jason decided not to offer any more information about his family until he talked to his mom so he busied himself mingling with other businessmen who knew his father…  Before the meeting ended though, Cecilia gave him her card and asked if she could talk to Marianne…  Although she was disappointed at Jason’s indifference, she understood…  Maybe Marianne did not talk about her family to her children…