Chapter 86

I used to think that dreams do not come true, but this quickly changed the moment I laid my eyes on you…

David stayed at the party another hour before he returned to his suite…  He did not find Val in the living room and when he checked on Alexa, he found her alone and sleeping…  He was a little pissed off and could not believe Crissy would leave Alexa…  “What if she wakes up and in pain and there’s nobody there?  They could have at least called him…”  He took off his coat and laid down the couch thinking…  He didn’t know how long he stayed that way when he heard a door opened…  He saw Val came out of his room and surprised to see David…  Val too startled to speak and a bit embarrassed and David assumed Crissy must be in his room with him…  David tried to be casual but he could not resist grinning…

David :  How is Alexa?  Didn’t she wake up at all?

Val :  We told her to give us a call in case she needed anything…  (Sensing what David might be thinking that they’ve neglected Alexa…)  Crissy was in that accident too and she needs to rest as well…  We left my phone with her…  All she needed to do was press the call button…

David :  And did she?  (He saw Val’s confusion…)  I mean, Crissy…  Did she get her much needed rest?

Val :  (He turned and tried to avoid David’s probing…)  She’s asleep…  How about you?  Did you just turn in?  What happened between you and Trisha?

David :  We talked…  (Lying down again on the couch…)  Val, we are leaving for Yangmei the day after tomorrow…  We’ll be staying there for the rest of the week…  Will you do me a favor?

Val :  What is it?

__________________________

A ring on his cellphone stopped Val from entering his room and as he turned to look at David he was already up and waiting…

Val :  Boss, Alexa is asking for a glass of water…

David was on Alexa’s side in no time with a glass of water…  Expecting Val to enter soon, she sat up while waiting, her blanket raised up to her neck and David smiled at the sight…  Her heart pounded when she saw David…

Alexa :  Hi!!!  What are you doing here?  You’re supposed to be at the party…  Is it over?

David :  Hi yourself…  Why are you up?

Alexa :  I woke up and felt my throat was dry so I asked for a glass of water…  I thought you’ll be mad if I’d get it myself so, I asked for it…  (She took the glass and finished the contents…  She gave the glass back to David and tapped the bed to let him sit…)  Am I a good patient or what?  (He was staring at her and for a moment his heart stopped…  He cleared the tress that fell on her face and traced her lips…  He imagined her kissing him passionately…  It was Alexa who broke their fusion when she focused on a button of his shirt…  She heard him clear his throat…)

David :  Would you like something to eat?  I saw some sandwiches at the table…

Alexa :  I’m not hungry…  Your father sent for them…  So, how is Trisha?  Val told me she was waiting for you…

David :  I’ll tell you all about it in the morning…  You should get more sleep…  (He helped her lie down…)  By the way, we’re leaving day after tomorrow for Yangmei for your much needed rest…

Alexa :  Do we have a place to stay there?  (He nodded and gave her a quick peck on the lips and then another until it was more passionate and demanding…  David wondered how he would survive the evening but he knew he had to control himself until he heard her…)  Where will you sleep tonight?