Chapter 33

I'm afraid to close my eyes coz I might think of you…  I'm afraid to open them coz I might see you…  I'm afraid to move my lips coz I might speak of you…  I'm afraid to listen coz I might hear my heart fall for you…

In the morning, David came an hour early than when he said he would…  He found Alexa on the phone with Sarah who was actually telling her the results of her visit to the doctor…  As David slowly walked towards her expecting she would have ended the call by the time he reached her, but she did not…  She however warned Sarah about David’s arrival and that she might have to cut short their conversation…

Alexa :  I will be home on Friday so wait for me…  I will be with you for your check-up…  (Looking at David she just opened her mouth and without a sound she said hi but did not put down the phone to his annoyance…)

Sarah :  Ate, don’t forget my autograph, huh…  Baka pwedeng may picture…  Galit na galit na ba?  (Sarah then heard a man’s obviously angry voice…) [Ask for a picture too…  Is he really angry now?]

David :  I’m leaving if you don’t put the phone down, Alexa…

Alexa :  I have to go, dear…  (Alexa turned away from David but her words were clear for him to hear…)  Love you…  Call me tonight?  ………I’ll wait…  ……Bye…

Crissy was quietly observing David and laughing inside at his behavior…  Val was already waiting for them outside the hotel entrance with the bodyguards of Alexa…  Val looked at Crissy as David seemed to show his temper so early in the morning but Crissy just shrugged her shoulders…  However, inside the car, he kept looking at the mirror looking at Alexa who was smiling along with Crissy who was trying really hard to control her laughter…  Val surmised something had happened when David went up to fetch them…  While in the restaurant, Crissy and Val sat on a different table leaving David and Alexa to themselves…  Crissy recounted what happened earlier except for the part that it wasn’t Gio Alexa was talking to…  She thought it would be best to carry on without his knowledge…

Crissy :  Val, don’t you think David is taking their imaginary relationship too seriously?  They’re for public to see and should not be carried on in private but from the looks of it earlier, I think he’s jealous judging from his behavior…

Val :  I want you to know though that I’m happy with what’s happening to my friend…

Crissy :  Huh?  Why do you say that?

Val :  Well, at least he knows where his heart lies now…  All he has to do is to find out how to go about it…  Gio is a formidable opponent because he won her back and that could only mean she really loves him to be able to forgive his transgressions…  But I sympathize with David too…  Alexa will leave soon and he has only today and tomorrow to take her away from her boyfriend…  He is desperate…

Crissy :  Do you really believe he loves her now?  How can you be sure he is not just playing around?

Val :  Jealousy is a word only meant for people who tries to get close to his mother especially his brother…

Crissy :  He has a brother?

Val :  Yes…  And you are not supposed to know about it…  David did not like the affiliation because if he did, he would have introduced him to you…  He shows his temper to other people but not to his women because he did not care what they do outside his bedroom…  But he’s quick to lose it with her when he knows her mind is not with him…  He is himself when he’s with her…  You may not see the difference but I have been with him for a long time now and I know him already…