Chapter 69

Over time things change and things disappear, but your love and your devotion stays embedded, like stone, in my heart for my eternal days…

David waited anxiously at the airport and when Alexa showed up, he remembered the first time he laid eyes on her at the airport in Hong Kong…  He prayed that she would look his way…  When Alexa did, it was just as he remembered her and time stopped for him again…  “Smile for me, Honey…” he urged her hoping his mind would reach hers…  He took out his phone…  ~click~  “This may not look like the first time but the feeling is still the same and this time that smile was meant only for me…” he thought as he looked at the image captured in his hand phone…  He ran to her side taking the luggage she was pulling behind startling her…

David :  Let me help you with this…  What took you so long?  I’ve been waiting here a while…

Alexa :  Hi, David…  It’s the traffic…

David :  Give me your passport and let’s check in together…

Alexa :  It’s with Tita Jackie…  She does that for me…  Where are your luggages?  Where’s Val?

David :  Hopefully with Crissy by now…  He was waiting outside didn’t you see him?

Alexa :  (Giving him a soft laughter…)  No, I did not…  I’m afraid my eyes were busy looking for someone…

David :  (He was so happy at her remark that he put his arm around her shoulder and pulled her close to him…)  I hope it’s me…

Alexa :  Hey, we have a reporter with us so be careful…  He might get the wrong impression…

David :  (He looked around and found the reporter he met the day before just about to meet Jackie who was about to join them…)  Oh really…  I really want him to ask me straightforward what I truly feel for you so I could answer him honestly that I am in love with you…

Alexa :  (She furrowed her nose and narrowed her eyes…)  Don’t even joke about it…

David :  And who says I’m joking?

When Jackie looked back, she saw David with Alexa…

Jackie :  You are here…  Have you checked in already?

David :  Hi Jackie…  No, we haven’t checked in yet…  We were actually waiting for you hoping we could do that together…

Jackie :  (She understood why David waited…)  Well then why don’t you give me your passport and ticket too and see if I can get you two to sit together?  (Then she gave David a wink…)

Kuya Larry stayed low-keyed observing them…  And when everything was done, David invited Alexa to the duty free shop…

David :  Honey, will you help me find a present for my mom? 

Alexa :  What does your mom usually prefer?

David :  My mom would be happy to receive anything but I want it to be special just because you chose it for me…  Please…

David led her to the jewelry section…  She looked at several exquisite collections and came up with three choices for David to decide on…  However, he let her decide and Alexa chose the most expensive among them…  While David went to the cashier to pay for the item, Alexa looked around for other items displayed at the counter…  She stopped when she saw a necklace with a heart-shaped pendant and she turned pensive as she stared…  She felt a block in her throat and tears welled up in her eyes…  David noticed the smile leaving her face as she looked at the necklace in her hand…