Chapter 17

Sometimes our trusting hand that guides us through life won't always be there and that's the time when you really grow up and face life for the first time…

At the basement, the four of them walked in silence but David noticed that no matter how Alexa tried to hide it, she grimaced and massaged the bandage gently whenever her hand hurts…  By the time the car reach the basement entrance, Jackie was already there waiting…

AT THE RECORDING STUDIO

Executive :  Alexa, we are sorry that this has to happen to you while you are here…  We assure you that this will be dealt with accordingly and should you decide to file charges against Ms. Cheng, the management will assist you…  In view of what happened last night, the management has decided to give you the option to decide on what we have agreed upon last night…  The offer still stays however and should you decide to go on with our plan, we will provide you with people to protect you 24 hours a day but should you choose otherwise, we will understand and respect it…

When David heard this, he was disappointed because he knew Alexa would choose to go…  She had been uptight about the whole thing since the beginning…  He wanted to convince her to stay but how?

Executive :  (Seeing the saddened look on David’s face, he decided to give him a chance to speak and hoped that he could convince her to stay…)  David, do you want to say something?

David :  I have already apologized for what happened but I hope to talk to them first before Alexa gives her decision…  Since we have not had our breakfast yet, may we get some before we have her decision?

Executive :  Okay…  But I would also like to inform you that there will be a press conference before noon for both of you…  Alexa, I hope to have your decision before then…

They decided to go to the studio cafeteria to avoid the press who had been hounding them at the lobby and the entrance of the building…  There were reporters at the cafeteria but when they tried to approach them David just shook his head and they let them alone…

Everyone was silent as they waited for Alexa to speak her mind…  Although Jackie already knew what she was going to say, she still wanted to hear it from her…  David conjured that Alexa’s silence meant she would leave in 2 or 3 days’ time and he knew he had to come up with something credible to convince her to stay, but what?

David :  I know the incident last night will make you want to pack up and leave…  I just want to apologize and assure you that as long as you are here, nothing like that will befall you ever again…

Alexa was still silent trying to find the right words to convince David that she really wanted to go home and see Gio without disappointing Jackie and Crissy…  The anticipation of working with him again had been what’s on her mind since her conversation with Gio ended last night…  When she tried to get Jackie’s opinion this morning and although she gave her the freedom to decide on it, she knew Jackie just felt guilty and scared about what happened…  If Jackie and Crissy had a choice, they’d rather she’d be here if not for the danger than be with Gio having seen her after their break up…  And looking at them, she knew whatever her decision would be at that moment would be very crucial…  for her heart…  for her mind…

David waited in anticipation…  Hopeful that she would decide not to leave…  Seeing her gave a look at Crissy who was sitting next to Val, he thought of something that he hoped would work…  An ace up his sleeve?  He looked at Val apologetically that Val raise his brows skeptically…

David :  Alexa, I wish you will stay longer…  (Everyone looked at him astounded at what he had just said…  Crissy who was then drinking her juice, nearly choked, coughing out the juice and the food in her mouth to the plate in front of her…  It is so unlike him to make a request…  He continued…)  Since Val knew the people who might want to harm you, he can be your personal bodyguard aside, of course, from the ones that the studio will provide for you…  That is if you will not mind him tagging along with you wherever you go and if he will not mind me having to decide for him…  (He looked at Val begging for his understanding in this…)