Chapter 101

Like sheaves of corn he gathers you unto himself...  He threshes you to make you naked...  He sifts you to free you from your husks...  He grinds you to whiteness...

Sarah arrived in Taiwan in the middle of the 3rd week and was met by Jason at the airport...  Since Alexa and David were busy with their promotions that day, Jason took it upon himself to get her a room at the hotel then took her to lunch and then dinner...  As he was about to take Sarah back to her room, he met his mom at the lobby...

Marianne :  Jason, I was just looking for you...  There is something I want to talk to you about...  (Then she eyed the lady who was with Jason...)

Jason :  Okay, Mom...  I'll be with you after I sent her to her room...  By the way, this is Sarah...  She is Ally's cousin...  (Turning to Sarah...)  And this beautiful lady is my Mom...  She's also a Filipina, Sarah...

Marianne was taken aback and stood frozen when she remembered her being the daughter of the woman she hated the most at the moment...  Sarah did not feel so comfortable with the way his mom looked at her...  Sarah thought, "She looked frightening..."

Sarah :  He... Hello, Ma'am...  Good evening...

Marianne :  (She managed a faint smile for his son's sake...)  Hello, hija...  When did you arrive?  Are you here alone? 

Sarah :  Yes...  Just this morning po...  Kuya David wants me to take some pictures for his album...

Marianne :  David told me your brother was in an accident, how is he?

Sarah :  He's better, Ma'am...  Thank you...  (She got a curt smile from Marianne that Sarah thought she'd shiver with her coldness...)

Marianne :  Oh, Jason...  I don't mean now...  You have to make some time...  We have something to talk about seriously...

Jason :  (He has never seen his mom this cold toward a person before and no matter how she tried to hide what she felt, he sensed her indifference towards Sarah...)  Okay, Mom...  I will see you this week...

Just then, David and Alexa arrived from shooting along with James and Jackie who followed them...  Val and Crissy brought the car down the basement parking and will meet them later on...  They had decided to have dinner at the restaurant and also to inquire at the lobby about Sarah's arrival...  Alexa immediately saw Sarah with Jason and his mom and rushed in to meet them...

Alexa :  Sarah!!!  You're here...  (She turned to Marianne...)  Good evening po...  Si Sarah po, cousin ko...  [This is Sarah...  My cousin...]

Marianne :  I've met her, hija...  Did you just come in from shooting?  (Marianne's face lit up as soon as she saw Alexa and Sarah felt the difference immediately...  Marianne hardly smiled at her but looking at them with Alexa, they seemed like one big family and she's an intruder...  She was relieved to see Jackie and Crissy with David as they approached to join them...)

Alexa :  Opo...  [Yes...]  (Giving Marianne a kiss...)  Hi, Jason...  Thank you for taking care of her...

Marianne :  Then, why don't you just go up to your room and I'll send some food for all of you there...  Hija, has David been good to you today?

David :  (He just caught up with them...  He put his arms around his mom and greeted her...)  Hello, Mother...  Good to see you again, Sarah...  I see that you've met our mom...  (She just smiled at him...)  Have you had dinner?  We are just going to have one, why don't you join us?  How about you, Mom?

Jackie :  Good evening, Ma'am...  (Then she and Sarah exchanged greetings...)

Marianne :  Good evening, Jackie...  James...  Hello, Crissy...