Chapter 42

Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius…  Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius…  - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart -

They didn’t know how long they stayed in each other’s arms until Crissy and Val popped in…

Crissy :  (Seeing Alexa in David’s arms she was embarrassed to intrude…)  Hurmm…  Alexa, David, we are going to the café, do you want anything for snack?  (David looked at his watch…  It was after midnight…)

Alexa :  David, let’s go with them…  We did not finish our dinner and I’m hungry…

__________________________

Earlier that evening, as soon as James and Jackie left, Val offered to help Crissy with her packing…  Actually he did not want to leave her yet this being their last night together…  However he tried to lighten up the mood by teasing her when Crissy brought the things still to be packed outside her room…

Val :  How do you hope to pack all these things in one night?

Crissy :  That’s what boyfriends are for, Val…  Shut up and pack…  Don’t nag…

Val :  (Laughing at her annoyance, he tried to appease her…)  I’m just teasing you, baby…  Are there more stuff to be taken out of the room?

Crissy :  Just two more suitcases…

Val went into her room to get them…  He took out his gift for Crissy from his pocket and stuffed it inside…  Crissy saw it as soon as she opened the suitcase and Val waited for a reaction…  Crissy looked at Val who pretended to wrap a figurine with a shirt just like how she did earlier…

Crissy :  Is this really for me?  (Holding out the necklace with a simple but elegant and expensive diamond pendant…)

Val :  (Still not looking at her…)  It is for the most important person to me…  Do you like it?

Crissy could not find the right words to say and could only nod instead…  Val was happy as he took the necklace from her hand and put it around her neck…

Crissy :  This is very beautiful…  I don’t know how to thank you  for all the things that you’ve done for me today and for this…  It did not have to be this expensive though…

Val :  I know just how you can show me…  (Val grabbed her by the waist and enfolded her into his arms…)  This will suffice it…

He seized her lips with his gently taunting for her response…  Crissy could only yield to his desires as she yearned for it since the first time he kissed her earlier…  She submitted to his passion when he urged her to do just what he was doing to her…  Her kisses were as demanding as his as she never held back, discarding all pretenses…  He kissed her neck trailing the curved down to her shoulders and back to her neck…  When his hand tried to explore under her shirt, she stopped him…  Just then, they heard David coming in and immediately straightened up…  David seemed not to notice them, Crissy thought but Val never looked his way…  Somehow he knew David saw what they were doing…  While David was inside the bathroom, Crissy seemed relieve…

Crissy :  (She stood up…)  I’ll go get some water to drink…  Do you want one?

Val nodded and she left him to get a glass of water to drink…  She handed Val a glass of water when she rejoined him…  He was holding out a vase Crissy was wrapping earlier and took what she stuffed it with…  He gave out a quizzical look when he found out it was a man’s underwear…