Chapter 84

There is within each and every one of us the ability to love somebody with all of our hearts…  And although our hearts may get broken, it is only through heartache and pain that we learn how much love we really can possess…

After a very sumptuous meal, Val stood up to give the singers a break placing a chair in the middle of the dance floor before going up the stage…

Val :  Good evening, ladies and gentlemen…  Tonight, we are gathered here to celebrate the birth anniversary of our very good friend, David Hao…  Boss, happy happy birthday…  There is a chair in the middle of the dance floor and I would like to ask you to please occupy it…  (Embarrassed and a bit apprehensive, he stood up from the table and walked toward the chair…  As he sat, he continued…)  I would like to call on some people who would like to give you their special wishes…  First, I would like to call on your father, Mr. Michael Hao…

As Michael stood, David was ill at ease…  He was never close to his father so he was wary of what he was going to say…

Mr Michael Hao :  Son, there is within each and every one of us the ability to love somebody with all of our hearts…  And although our hearts may get broken, it is only through heartache and pain that we learn how much love we really can possess…  We may have had our differences in the past but I just want you to know that I was with you in every step of the way and I still am…  And I have always been proud of what you have achieved…  Every night I never failed to thank your mother for giving you to me before she left us and I always ask her to be with you to guide you in whatever you do…  Another year has passed and every year, for the past ten years I have always wished that you would come home and introduce to us my future daughter-in-law…  Tonight, as I understand it, the lady you just introduced to me would be your leading lady…  If you should need help with her come to me…   (Everybody laughed in agreement as David looked at him touched by his words…  He realized at that moment that all his desire to excel in his endeavors had not gone to waste after all…  Most of all, he liked Alexa…)  But the way I see it, you won’t need my help…  Just continue holding the hand…  Never let go and you will be fine…  You are a chip of the old block in every step of the way…  Happy Birthday, Son…  (David was in tears when his father left the stage and walked towards him and embraced him giving him a pat in the back…)

David :  Thanks, Dad…

After everyone that mattered in his life had said his or her piece, Val went on the stage again as a familiar tune played…  Lately, whenever he heard his song, Distance of time, he would always remember Alexa…  David thought Val would ask him to sing the song but as he prepared himself and about to stand Val stopped him…

Val :  I am sorry, my friend but I have someone else in mind to sing this song…

David stood as soon as he heard her voice and when he turned to face her, she was already walking towards him, a paper with the lyrics in her hand just in case she would forget a line and it was a really beautiful sight for David…  Nothing mattered to him except her as she came closer…  Marianne was even in tears as she had never seen David this happy before…

Dang wo zai ge sheng zhong kan ta men wei xiao 

Er ta men wei wo jiao ao
Na yi ke wo zhi dao shen me bian sha le
Zen me neng xun zhao
Ai bu xiao xin diu le
Cai hui zhi dao ta duo zhong yao

Ru guo hai neng yu ni fen xiang xian zai de yi qie
You yan lei de shang bei he xiao rong li de mei ge xi jie
Ru guo shi jian zhen de mei you zhong dian
Zhe shi jie neng gai bian
Zai qin wen de shun jian yan lei liu guo
Xiao rong bu bian, ooohh…

Ni gei guo wo de yi qie
Dang ni zhuan shen yao gao bie
Xiang cong qian shuo zai jian
Yuan li wo de shi xian

Ru guo hai neng yu ni fen xiang xian zai de yi qie
You yuan lei de shang bei he xiao rong li de mei ge xi jie
Jiu rang ni gei wo de na ju zhu fu
Neng gou chuan yue shi jian
Dan yuan zai mou yi nian
Wo men xiang yu dou mei you gai bian