Chapter 108

Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself...  But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:  To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night...

David was not feeling too good when he went to the airport to meet his stepmother...  And his brother...  Although they had exchanged friendly banters in the past in Alexa's presence, David still had to get used to being receptive without her...  As for Jason, he could only wait...  It was enough for him that David would no longer disregard his greetings...

Marianne :  I am so happy to see you, David...  How is Alexa?  David?  You don't look well...  Are you alright?

David :  (With a hoarse voice he replied...)  I'm fine, Mom...  Just a little cold...  Ally will be working till dawn but she sends her love...  How was your trip?  Did you finish your business there?

Marianne :  Yes we did...  (Still worrying about him...)  Did you take your medicine for that?

David :  I did...  Otherwise, Ally would not stop nagging...  It's just a simple cold and she frets as if I'd die from it...  Every break she gets, she'll call...  I'm already thinking of taking the battery off my phone...

Marianne :  (Laughing off his complaints...)  But you can't because you just love the attention she gives you...  Don't be such a hypocrite, you miserable brat!!!

David :  MOM!!!  (He was about to say something when his phone rang...)  Hi, Hon...

Alexa :  How are you feeling?  Have they arrived yet?

David :  Better than the last time you asked...  They are here too...  We're on our way to the car now...  Would you like to talk to them?

Alexa :  Later, Hon...  I'm about to shoot...  I just want to remind you to drink all the juice I made for you...  It's in the bag at the backseat...  Don't forget to drink it.........  I have to go...  Tell them I'll call later...  I love you, Honey...  (She did not wait for his response and cut off the line...)

David :  That was Ally...  She just wants to know if you've arrived...  She'll call later...

Marianne got inside the car and noticed a bag with a thermos in it...  When she asked David he simply said...

David :  Oh, it's something Ally made for me...

Marianne :  Juice?  It's good for your cold...  I'm glad she's taking care of you even if she's busy...  Darling, how about dinner tomorrow?

David :  Sorry, Mom...  This would be the only weekend that Ally would be free until we finish shooting the series so we are staying in the apartment to discuss a very important issue and I don't think it can wait...  I have just been reminded recently that our series is in its final stages and she would leave soon after that...  I can't allow her to leave without discussing the future...  Mom, Ally said you went to her father's grave...  May I ask why?

Marianne :  Ahh...  Well......  To pay my respects, of course...  I feel that since my son is planning to marry his daughter, it's just proper to ask for his spiritual blessing while I'm there...  You mean...... you did not do that?  (She looked back at Jason who was about 2 paces behind...)  I assured him that you would take care of her and make her happy from now on...

David :  I'm sorry, Mom...  I guess I should have done that...  It's just that I didn't think it was time yet...

Marianne :  But I think she would have appreciated it.........  David, what if...... you can't marry her?