Chapter 110

To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving...  To rest at the noon hour and meditate love's ecstacy...

They were shooting some scenes from episode 16 and 17 of their series...  Chan Yumin, played by David, was about to propose to Alexa's character, Melissa, when on his way to her, he saw his fiancé whom he thought had died...  He tried to follow her until he lost her and it was too late when he remembered that Melissa was waiting for him at the bar where she worked...  His friend played by Nelson King, was there to comfort Alexa...

In one of their shooting breaks, David's phone rang and when he picked it up, he found several missed calls from the same number not registered in his phone book...  He ignored the call but his phone rang again so he decided to answer...  It surprised him to learn who the caller was...

Julianne :  David?  This is Julianne...  Are you busy?

David :  We are in the middle of a shoot...  (Then she began to cry and David was alarmed...)

Julianne :  Oh David, please...  I have to talk to you...  I have to see you...

David :  I already told you why I can't...  She may not understand...

Julianne :  Can't you tell her that it's important?

David :  Please Julianne...  I am sorry, but I'm working...  I am really busy right now...

Julianne :  I'll be waiting at the hotel...  That's where you are staying, right?

David :  Goodbye, Julianne...  (And he put off the phone...)

__________________________
The next scene, which was the last for the day, called for a confrontation between Yumin and Melissa where Yumin will break off with her because he found out he was still in love with his fiancé...  When Alexa acted out her role, David felt her pain...  It's as if she was not acting and was really hurting...  Even some of the crew, he found out, cried along with her...  Geez, is she really this good?  He was so taken by her portrayal that he missed out on his dialogue that caused the director to shout...  Cut!!!

Director :  David!!!  Focus!!!  Concentrate on you own dialogue!!!  Don't dry out those tears on you face, Alexa...  We will start from the last part of your dialogue, ~ So, it's over!!! ~  LIGHTS!!! CAMERA!!!  ACTION!!!

__________________________

Alexa felt her scenes that day drained all her energy and Crissy warned David against talking to her for a while, at least until she got rid of the character out of her system...  Inside the dressing room, Alexa sat down and was silent for a while...  When Crissy was finished tidying up, Alexa straightened up and hooked an arm into David's and rested her head on his shoulder...

David :  Are you feeling okay now?  (She nodded and smiled at him...)

Jackie entered along with James and gave them a brief run-down of their scenes the next day...  On their way to the hotel, David was driving leisurely with Alexa, following the van where Val, Crissy and Jackie were when he remembered Julianne's call...  He looked at Alexa who was trying to relax listening to his songs...  He took her hand and placed it on his lap and gently stroke it...

David :  Tired?  (She nodded...)  Why don't you close your eyes...

Alexa :  I'm okay...  It's just that scenes like that really take the better of me...

David :  Hon, there's somebody I want you to meet...

Alexa :  Who?  When?

David :  Julianne...  Tonight...  (Alexa turned to look at him...)