Chapter 105

Into the seasonless world where you shall laugh, but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears...

Inside an expensive restaurant, David was looking at the menu when a very elegant and beautiful lady approached him and stood beside their table...

Lady :  Is this seat taken?

David :  Yes, it is...  (He thought it was a familiar voice and when he looked up, he was surprise to see a familiar face...)  Julianne!!!  Hi!!!  (He looked in the direction of the restroom where Alexa had gone to just a while ago...)  When did you arrive?  I heard you left for Italy...

Julianne :  I did...  I just arrived 2 days ago...  What is this I hear that you've got yourself a girlfriend, is this true?  Is she the same girl we talked about before?  (She noticed his eyes were looking somewhere else...)  Is she here?  I want to meet her...

David :  Julianne...  I am sorry but I am not sure this is the right time to meet her...  I will introduce her to you some other time...  I just don't want to ruin her mood today...

Julianne :  You really do care for her, don't you?  Have you told her about me?

David :  We had a big fight that day and broke up with me...  I almost lost her then but I'm not going to now...  She hasn't forgotten that day...  Really Julianne, you have to go...

Julianne :  Is that why you suddenly went to America?  It was a big news here when you suddenly appeared in her concert...  Some said it was for publicity but rumors didn't die there.........  Did you ever think of following me when I left?  I waited for you, you know...  (She reached out to caress his face but he stopped her by taking her hand...)  Why, David?  Can't I even touch you now?  You used to love me do that to you...  (She tried to free her hand to touch him but he held her tight...)  What do you suppose she would think when she sees you holding my hand like you're doing now?  Don't you think she's been gone too long?  Maybe she had already seen us...

David :  (He realized she may be right and immediately let go of her hand and when she tried to reach for him, he evaded it...)  Go, Julianne...  You had made your decision a long time ago and I already accepted it...  Did you break my heart?  Yes, you did...  Did I think of following you?  Yes, I did...  Did I try to follow you?  No, I did not...  Yes, I followed her to America...  I did not have to think and I did not only try because I know in my heart that it's what I wanted to do...  Now, if you are not going to leave, I will...  (He was about to leave when Julianne stopped him...)

Julianne :  (She stood before him blocking his way...)  Do you know how much you've hurt me just now?  You've only known her not so long ago and you have already forgotten about us?  Aren't you just trying to get back at me for what I've done to you?  Don't you think it's unfair for her if that 's what you're trying to do?  You can stop now before you really hurt her, David...  You've had your fun...  I came back because I realized you are more important than my career...

David :  Did you really think I'm not capable of loving someone?  Read my lips, Julianne...  I love her...

Julianne :  Tell me honestly, David, if I did not leave you, would you still be mine today?

David :  Honestly, I don't know...  But right now, she's the most important person to me...  I'm sorry...

Julianne could not just go without looking back at him...  She left him hoping she would someday return and find him still waiting for her...  Is it time to let you go, David?

David remained standing as he watched her walked away from him...  He could only feel pity as his heart had already been entrusted to someone else...  "I am sorry too, Julianne...  I guess with the way Alexa made me feel the first time I saw her, it would just be harder for me to leave you..."  Alexa was already beside him when he noticed her...