Chapter 119

Let our flight be far in sun or windy rain— But what if I heard my first love calling me again?

In the days that followed, David did not leave the condo still hoping Alexa would call or log in the internet... He remembered she had something important to tell him and wondered what it could be... Honey, please call!!! Please hear me explain!!!

Trisha tried several times during the past week to call him but he never picked up or returned her call... She waited for him at the hotel and when he did not show up, went to his apartment he used to share with Val only to find out it had been sold a long time ago and the new owner had just occupied it after some renovations were done... Val was the only one who knew where he was but he offered no information to her...

When Michael returned from his trip, he immediately called on David to find out what exactly happened... On Alexa's request not to tell him where she was, he tried to be tactful with his questions although he couldn't suppress at times what he truly felt whenever he recalled being roused in the early morn by Jason telling him that they were on their way to the hospital...

Michael heard a soft knock on the door of his office at the hotel and knew it was David as he did not expect anyone else to call on him that day... (The following conversation is in Chinese...)

Michael : Hello, Son... Did you lose some weight?

David : I haven't had much sleep lately, Dad... How was your trip?

Michael : Fine... How is the wedding preparation going? You have less than 3 months to go... Are you ready to give up your freedom? (David could not give him a definite answer and remained silent... Michael sensed his apprehension...) What is it, Son?

David : It's Ally... I don't think there is going to be a wedding...

Michael : Why? Didn't she call yet? I thought you have settled everything before she left?

David : We did... We did talk about it... But a week ago, we were online talking and she said she had something very important to tell me... That I have to think hard after I hear it... She was about to tell me but something happened...

Michael : What happened?

David : Honestly, Dad, I did not do anything wrong but it would be hard to explain to her what she saw...

Michael : What did she see? (He tried to be apathetic but his eyes betrayed his anger...)

David : (He really did not know how to explain but he tried...) Dad, she saw Trisha coming out of the bedroom wearing only an old shirt and nothing else... (Michael was dumbfounded... So it's true!!! Michael just looked at him...) Dad, would you believe me if I tell you that nothing really happened?

Michael : NO!!! What on earth were you doing with that girl inside your suite? Who would believe nothing happened between the two of you... It's not like you've been living like a saint before!!! Wasn't she the girl you used to go out with? Wasn't she the same girl who kissed you in front of so many guests on you birthday? Didn't you see Alexa's face when she did that? What were you thinking?

David : It wasn't in our condo, Dad... It was in my suite... And I was not alone... Val was there but he was in his room... I did not know she was going to do that... (He recounted to his father what really happened that day and even Michael was not convinced although he felt his father had to believe him...) Nothing really happened between us, Dad...

The father in him wanted to empathize with his son and he would really want to help him but the morning after it happened, Alexa had experienced some pains and was rushed to the hospital on Dr. Denyce's advice... Dr. Hazel McFurley attended to her immediately and with Dr. de Joya's information on Alexa's previous check up and supporting documents on her findings and ultra-sound results of the babies, Dr. McFurley did not hesitate on her recommendation... Michael recalled that morning just how desperately Alexa cried begging the doctor to save her babies... When she had calmed down, the doctor had a talk with them...