Chapter 50 ( Missing You )

I wish one day you will miss me terribly that no matter how hard you look for me, you won't find me…  Why?  Because, I want you to miss me the way I'm missing you right now…

AT THE PRESS CONFERENCE

At the press conference, Alexa readily answered all the questions thrown at her even the controversial break up with her boyfriend, she answered briefly but bravely and with confidence as she held on tight on the ring, twisting it from time to time…

Reporter 1 :  What can you say about the rumor that Gio and Deina (a sexy starlet) are going on together now and that they have been seen everywhere nowadays?

Alexa :  I have not heard of it but I wouldn’t be surprised if its true…  It doesn’t concern me anymore so let them be and leave me out of it…

Reporter 2 :  There were initial reports that you have been offered to do a telenovela with him, with that answer does it mean you will turn it down?

Alexa :  Hmm…  I’ve read the synopsis of the story and so far I like my role but I have not gone through it thoroughly…  I have several commitments in the coming weeks and a video to promote I have to concentrate on that for the time being…  You have to watch it then buy the album and find out why I’m so proud of this project…

Reporter 3 :  How true is the rumor that you were also offered to do a chinonovela with David Hao of “Waiting for Love” fame?  (Alexa looked at Jackie and the latter answered…)

Jackie :  We are still exploring the possibility of a tie up with the outfit that produced the series but yes, she had been offered…

Reporter :  Is that the purpose of your trip to Taiwan?

Alexa :  No…  I really did a recording with Mr. Hao and an MTV of the song… This will be released soon here so I hope you watch out for it…  I really enjoyed doing this and as I just told you, I am proud of this video…  We are also studying possible concert collaboration with their company…

Reporter :  How was it working with the Taiwan superstar?

Alexa :  Weird…  (Everybody laughed…  “In what way?”, somebody asked…)  He has a temper and he shows it to anyone if something doesn’t go as planned…  But he is good…  He will not be where he is now if he is not and most of all he respects talent…

Reporter :  He is known to be a ladies’ man, nag-try ba siyang ligawan ka?  [Did he try to court you?]

Alexa :  Mabait siya pag nahuli mo na ang ugali nya…  He showed me around Taiwan…  He treats women well not only me although I would like to think I’m special…  Pero sandali lang ang stay ko dun…  Puro kami trabaho…  We became friends and so far enjoy na ako dun… [He is really a good man once you get to know him…  He showed me around Taiwan…  He treats women well not only me although I would like to think I’m special…  But I only stayed there for a while…  It was all work…  We became friends and so far I enjoyed that…]

Reporter :  Paano kung ligawan ka?  [What if he courts you?]

Alexa :  Ang masasabi ko, hindi ko sya mapipigilan…  [What I can say is, I can’t stop him…]  Watch out for the video and you will know why…

The reporters had a field day as Alexa answered every question and although some of them were vague her expressions completed her sentences…  There were more questions for her when her cell phone rang and as if on cue Jackie gave Alexa a nudge to answer it…

David :  I was waiting for your call…  Why didn’t you?

Alexa :  I’m in the middle of the press conference…  I’m quite busy right now…