Chapter 22

True love stories never have endings…  - Richard Bach -

The Ever Spring Farm, Alexa found out, was breathtaking…  A green house provided a year-round supply of fruits and vegetables and an orchid nursery produced flowers that they offer for sale to guests…  There were also two man-made ponds that provided water for irrigation and opportunities for good fishing to interested visitors…  They have a swimming pool, a basketball court and a stable with eight riding horses…  Alexa’s accommodation came with a sauna made entirely of wood…  She suddenly missed home…  Her vacation house in Tagaytay is equipped with sauna just like the one in the room she now occupied and a jacuzzi where she indulged herself into whenever she wanted to relax and relieve stress…

After they settled in, Jackie, Crissy and Alexa decided to try out the swimming pool…  Alexa missed racing with Crissy back at the hotel because of her hand but now that it was all healed, she challenged Crissy who happily obliged…  They headed out for the pool located a little farther off the basketball court where they found David and Val and most of the male crew playing…  Val saw them in their robes followed by their bodyguards and nudge David to look in their direction…  At the pool, Crissy found out they were not alone…  The female members of their crew and a handful of men were already there taking a dip…  After some greetings, Alexa and Crissy warmed up for their race…  Jackie went with them for 2 laps before they got ready…  When the others saw what they were about to do, they left the pool and cheered for them…    Jackie gave them the signal and they were off…  David and Val came as they were about halfway of the second lap to witness the friendly competition…  Alexa won the race although Crissy was not too far behind…  Seeing David there, she decided to stay in the water as the other crew joined her…  Crissy however joined David and Val…

Crissy :  Want to swim?

Val  :  You’re good!!!  Do you always do this?

Crissy :  Yes and she often wins especially when she’s in a bad mood…  (She gave out a hearty laugh…)  It’s actually a way for her to relieve some stress…  Why don’t you two join us?

David never took his eyes off Alexa who was doing laps this time with Jackie…  Drinks were served…  Alexa decided to get out of the water when David showed no sign of leaving as Crissy was entertaining them…  David saw how Val looked at Alexa and he did not like it…  He could not blame him though because she was a sight to behold in her swimwear and water dripping from all over her…  He wanted so much to clear away the few strands of hair that fell on her face but he had to control his excitement…  He walked towards Alexa with her towel in his hand purposely to block Val’s view…  Alexa thanked him but he was saddened when the warmth and the smile that he sorely missed were still not there…

Alexa :  Hello, Val…

Val :  Hi, Alexa…  Congratulations…  You won by half a mile…  (He laughed obviously teasing Crissy…)

Crissy :  Hey, that’s not true…  I wasn’t that far behind…  Don’t be too stingy with your praises…

Alexa :  (Moving closer to Val who couldn’t help staring at her admiringly…  Softly, she spoke…)  I’ll let you in on a secret, Val…  Actually, Crissy will not like it if I lost because I turn green…

Val :  Like the Incredible Hulk?  (They both laughed at the quick response…)  I think I know a person who match that description too…

Crissy :  Hey, I’m the only one who can put up with your idiosyncrasies you have to admit it…

Alexa :  That’s why I love you, Crissy…  (Giving Val a wink…)

David all the while was quietly observing her from behind…  He did not like her closeness to Val and he hated Val for looking at Alexa the way he did…  Alexa’s robe hung by the chair near Val and when she reached out for it, she slipped a little and Val held on to her to prevent her from falling…  David snapped and gave Val an angry look…