Chapter 8 ( The Music That Brought Them Together )

We find rest in those we love, and we provide a resting place in ourselves for those who love us…  - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux -

AT ALEXA’S SUITE

Inside the suite, Alexa went straight toward the sofa…

Alexa :  Thank you, Jason for your help…

Jason :  I’m just too glad to be of service…  How did you get into this mess?

Alexa :  My foot wedged between the table support as we were leaving…  Actually, except for the small puncture, it doesn’t really hurt…  I was just too embarrassed to be with Mr. Hao that I pretended I’m focused on my pain so I won’t be compelled to make a conversation…

Jason :  Oh…  And why is that?  (Applying the ointment and bandage…)

Alexa :  Well, earlier he invited me to dinner and then drink later but I refused…  I’m just too tired from the trip and the press conference that I wanted to rest…  I think he was already at the coffee shop when we came in…  He might think I just gave him an excuse…  Anyway, I’m just relieved he has a date after all…  Is she his girlfriend?  You know her?

Jason :  They are regulars…  (He purposely withheld their being siblings since David never really introduced him as his brother to his friends…)

Alexa did not question him further as he seemed reluctant to volunteer any information and she definitely did not want to appear too eager to know the man…  Jason finished putting bandage on her injured toe so he stood up and made a move to leave…

Jason :  Since nothing else seems to hurt, I will leave you to rest…  I will send some ice just in case for that…  Be sure to apply it to that injured foot…  Would you like me to send some coffee or tea perhaps?

Alexa :  Tea would be fine, thank you…

As soon as Jason left, Crissy was laughing as she sat down beside her…

Crissy :  You should have seen David’s expression as you took Jason’s hand for support…  I think he wants to show off his girlfriend but you never made an effort to look his way…  He was totally disappointed…

Alexa :  I was really too embarrassed, Crissy…  How was I to know he’s a regular here?

Crissy :  Well,  for your information, he certainly did not look please when he saw you…

Alexa and Crissy shared the suite and Jackie was provided her own room…  They could have asked for another room for Crissy but Jackie did not want to leave Alexa alone in hotels…  As soon as they finished their tea, they retired to their rooms…  Since Jackie had informed Crissy earlier that they will leave for the studio after lunch the next day, they planned to visit some shops around the area…

__________________________

Alexa and Crissy were having their breakfast when Jason knocked on their door…

Jason :  My shift will be finished in thirty minutes…  I just came up to check on Alexa and see if there’s anything you might need before I go home…

Crissy :  Come in…  Did you have breakfast already?  Why don’t you join us?

Jason :  Yes, I did…  How was the food?  (Seeing Alexa all dressed up…)  Getting ready for work?  Are you apt to it now?  How do you feel this morning?

Alexa :  I’m okay…  And no, we are not going to the studio yet…  We hope to visit some shops this morning…  Is there a department store nearby?  We don’t want to go far because I have to be at the studio after lunch…