Chapter 89

No one can go back and make a new beginning, but anyone can start from now and make a happy ending...

Alexa tried to get up for the bathroom when her muscles affected by the accident throbbed in pain causing her to lay back to bed...  David realized what was happening and immediately got up to get her medicine...  He grabbed a robe from the closet and went out to the room to get her a glass of water and when he came back, he found her lying still on her side...  Guilt quickly overcame David as he walked towards her...

David :  Honey, here's some water...  (He tried to help her up but she just waved a hand...)

Alexa :  Please don't try to move me right now...  Just stay with me...

David :  But you have to take your medicine...

Alexa :  I already did...  Just lay close to me...

David :  I'm so sorry, baby...  Tell me what can I do?

With feather-light touch, he rubbed her arm and back and only then he noticed the bruises that was more visible now on her hip and back of her shoulder...  He also saw another discoloration on her arm...  He gently massage her body concentrating on where the contusions were kissing them hoping to take away the pain...  As the medicine started to take effect, Alexa held David's hand and wrapped herself in his arm...

Alexa :  Thank you, honey...  I'm sorry if I caused you to worry...

David :  I should be the one to say that...  I've been negligent of your injury...  (Alexa turned to face him...)  How do you feel now?

Alexa :  Better...  And hungry...

David :  I'll re-heat the pizza...  (David got up and again went out of the room...)

__________________________

Alexa was just coming out of the shower when David came back with a steaming hot pizza...

Alexa :  You could have waited for me downstairs...  Are Crissy and Val here already?

David :  They'll be here tomorrow......  (He choked as he saw her...  He could not get his eyes off her wearing his robe...) night...

Alexa :  And I'm sure you have something to do with it?  (He cleared his throat and simply smiled...)  Honey, they have my clothes...  What about under.........  (She stopped ranting when she noticed David's naughty grin...)  Gosh, honey, you don't expect me to walk around the house naked, do you?

David :  Wear my shirt and I'm sure my boxers would fit you.........  (He went to the closet to retrieve fresh shirt and shorts...  He held it out to her and she took it...)  Are you angry?  I just want some time alone with you and take care of you...

Alexa held out the shirt David gave her and squinted her eyes as she looked at him...  It was a loose long sleeve shirt made of thin fabric, one could see right through it...  David shrugged his shoulders...