Chapter 71

There is night so we can appreciate day, sorrow so we can appreciate joy, evil so we can appreciate good, you so I can appreciate love…

NAIA Philippines -  Conference Room

At half past four in the morning, Alexa and David arrived and James Yin, David’s manager, who arrived a day ahead of them was at the airport together with the GNA representatives…  They were led to a room for a brief press conference…

After meeting the fans, most of who had been there since dawn just to see David, they left the airport in separate transport…  David was taken to a condominium the network maintains for their visiting guests while Alexa proceeded to her house…

__________________________

AT THE STUDIO

The show where Alexa was a host together with some of the country’s best concert performers had been on air for quite sometime when David, together with Val and James arrived and from the dressing room he saw Alexa doing shtick with her co-hosts…  Her voice did not improve at all and he was concerned…  He was intently watching the show through the monitor when there was a soft rap on the door and Crissy came in…

Crissy :  Hi David…  (She acknowledge the rest…)  Did you all have a good rest?

David :  Not really…  Hey, Crissy, how is she?

Crissy :  She will be fine…  Her number is up next and then she can join you later…

David :  What number?  Do you mean to tell me she could still sing with that voice?  (Crissy arched a brow when she heard him…)

Crissy :  You’d be surprised…  It’s not often she does that but just watch her…

David was not amused at all…  By now, he was just too familiar with her songs and he wondered how she could do it with that voice…  He did not like her straining herself and was beginning to be annoyed that Alexa did not heed his concern earlier…  Before she was introduced, the host announced excitedly that their special guest had in fact arrived which caused a stir in the audience…  Alexa, too became anxious when she notice being observed by everyone…  She sang a cut from her new album and a video was being shown on the monitor…

David :  Crissy, isn’t that Gio with her?  Were they still together when they shot this video?  (David asked straightforward and was not even bothered that the make-up artist could hear him…  And Crissy teased him…)

Crissy :  Yes they were…  And were still very much in love…  (David pursed his lips and his eyes narrowed in anger…  Val nudged her for her indifference but Crissy only winked at him…)

David was dumbfounded when he heard her singing the song live and not just a lip synch… It was as if nothing was wrong with her at all…

David :  This woman is amazing…

James :  That’s what you call professionalism and dedication, David…  You could learn a thing or two from her…  Hmm…  You know what?  The more I know her, the more I like her…  Crissy, tell her if she ever wants to settle in Taiwan I’d present myself to be her manager…

Crissy and Val laughed and the make-up artist joined in the laughter as David gave Val a daggered look…  After her song the show went into a commercial break…  He heard another knock on the door followed by “5 minutes, Mr. Hao…”  They went out of the room and another door opened and Alexa stepped out…  David’s jaw dropped when he saw her…  She was really looking very seductive in her gown…  Alexa saw them and she immediately walked towards him and gave him a quick peck on his cheek…