Chapter 79

What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined together to strengthen each other in all labour, to minister to each other in all sorrow, to share with each other in all gladness, to be one with each other in the silent unspoken memories…

The driver and maids arrived from the market with some fresh live crabs and shrimps…  Jackie and James met them as they came into the kitchen…

Jackie :  Ano yan?  Uy!!!  Alimango at hipon…  Matataba ba?  Sino ang nagpabili? [What is that?  Wow!!!  Crabs and shrimps…  Are they fat?  Who sent you to buy them?

Maid 1 (Elisa) :  Si Ma’am Ally, po…  [It’s Ma’am Ally…]

Jackie :  Syempre ginataan yan…  James, do you like crabs?  [Cook it in coconut milk…]

James :  I do but we don’t get a lot of those back home…  It’s too messy to eat…  David doesn’t have the patience…

Jackie :  This is one of Alexa’s favorite…  Crabs cooked in coconut milk and grilled shrimps…

James :  Where are they anyway?

Coffee in hand, they headed for the terrace and found Val and Crissy in the garden with Val riding on her back as Sarah took their pictures…  Jackie laughed and thought that though they were an odd couple, they were really in love…  She was really happy for Crissy…

James :  I never thought these people would get serious…

Jackie :  (Still laughing…)  Me neither, but they are…  I think I will have to find a new PA for Alexa…

James :  I think I will be the one who’s going to need that for David…

Jackie :  CRISSY!!!  WHERE IS ALLY?  (She shouted…)

Crissy :  SHE WENT TO THE CHAPEL AND DAVID FOLLOWED HER THERE!!!

James :  I think I’m going to need another talent to manage too…  I like Alexa and what she has done to David…  Jackie, have you thought about what I told you yesterday?  I was serious when I ask you to become partners and manage their international careers…

Jackie :  But we have a problem here…  What if Alexa decides not to accept the series?

James :  Then we’ll find another job for them…  Don’t you think they look good together?

__________________________

Alexa was surprised to see David sitting at the back of the chapel…  Her heart lifted seeing him there but thinking about their intimate moment the night before, she suddenly felt embarrassed to face him…  Trying to avoid his eyes, she forced a smile…  

Alexa :  You’re up early…  Did you sleep well?

David :  After last night?  How can I sleep?

Alexa :  (She tried to avoid his remark…)  What are you doing here?

David :  I want to know how you are…  After last night I feel we need to talk…  I just ask your father to help me…

Alexa :  My father?  Hmm…  David, about last night, I want you to forget about it…

David :  (Surprise at what she was asking him to do…)  Before, you wanted me to forget what happened at the beach and now you’re asking me to forget about last night too?  Tell me, Ally…  How would I do that?  Can you forget about it?  Look at me, Alexa…  (When she did not, he capped her face between his hands and forced her to face him…)  I have to admit I’ve always wanted you and last night was no exception but because I love you I don’t want you to think you are just one of those girls I ended up in bed with…  I hope after last night you realized that it’s not only your body I want but your love as well…  (He took her in his arms and whispered…)  Did you know hard it was to resist you last night?  You once told me that I preferred another woman in my bed…  That’s not true…  It’s just that whenever I try, you shy away and I don’t want to scare you away…  (Alexa just shook her head…)  And last night, you were shaking all over…  Ally, I want you to be ready and not be afraid…(Alexa raised her hand to cover his mouth and silence him…)