Chapter 10

Love knows no reasons, love knows no lies…  Love defies all reasons, love has no eyes…  But love is not blind, love sees but doesn't mind…  - Anonymous -

Alexa was rouse from her sleep when her phone rang…  It was David reminding her that he will be picking her up in an hour…

Alexa :  What time is it?

David :  It’s seven, sleepyhead…  Better be ready…  I’ll see you in a while…

Alexa :  You’re up so early…  I was afraid you will not come on time so I wasn’t in a hurry to get up…

David :  Ouch!!!  That hurts…  What makes you think I will let you wait?

At that time Alexa heard a female voice at David’s end of the line… 

Lady :  David, it’s still early… Come back to bed…

David, in his surprise failed to cap the speaker in time and Alexa heard most of what she was saying…

David :  Hold on please…  (He pressed the phone on hold…)

Lady :  Who are you talking to this early?

David :  I’ll be right there, Wei Lin…

David waited for Wei Lin to disappear to the bedroom before resuming his conversation with Alexa…

David :  Hello…  I’m sorry about that… that was… ah… my mom…

Alexa :  Ahhh…  I can see you are very intimate with your mom…  You are not a very good at telling lies are you, Mr. Hao?  Don’t worry about it…  My lips are sealed…  (He heard her laugh…)  I’ve got to go…  Are you sure you still want to have breakfast with me, Mr. Hao?  (He knew she was teasing him…)

David :  ……………

Alexa :  Mr. Hao?  Are you still there? ………  David?

David :  That’s more like it…  Don’t be such a tease…  I’ll see you in……  (He looked at his watch…) less than an hour…

David went back to the bedroom where Chen Wei Lin, was waiting…  She is a Chinese international flight attendant he met while on tour…  Their relationship was however more conventional than the others…  The first time they met was two years ago while on his way to China for the promotion of a movie…  He was traveling first class and she also gave him a first class service knowing him as an actor…  Wei Lin had to stay overnight in China at that time as her next flight was bound for Hong Kong at eight in the morning…  David invited her for dinner and from then on became intimate friends, as what they describe their relationship…  There was no commitment to hold them…  Whenever she stopped over in Taiwan, which was usually once every fortnight and whenever David was in the country, she would spend the night in his apartment…  That night, Wei Lin was already waiting for him at his apartment when he and Val arrived however, it felt different for David…  There was very little passion on his part and she was not happy about it…  When she woke up, he was no longer at her side which had never happened…  He would usually rouse her with his sweet talks and kisses…  When she got up to look for him she found him on the phone talking to someone so early in the morning…

Wei Lin :  What’s happening?  Is there something wrong?

David :  I have an appointment at eight so I have to take my shower and prepare…  I will have to leave you here…  I hope you won’t mind…

Wei Lin was not satisfied with his explanation but she just remained silent and went back to bed…  Before he left he gave her a kiss…

David :  Lock the doors when you leave…  Val would leave with me, so you will be all alone here…  Don’t forget to have your breakfast before you leave, huh…