Chapter 30

If someone would ask me what a beautiful life means, I would lean my head on your shoulder and hold you close to me and answer with a smile: "Like this!" 

Jason came home to find his mother back from her trip and as usual it was like she had not seen his son for years that although he is now 27 years old, she would still smother him with kisses…

Marianne :  What happen to you?  I’ve been here since two days ago and only David was here to welcome me back…

Jason :  I am sorry, mom…  I went to the Philippines with Alexa and I really had a good time…  I stayed in her house and took me to her vacation house I just don’t know how to say it…  All I know is that from my room I can see clearly what they say is a small volcano…  Mom, she took me to her shows and she’s really good…  I wonder where she gets all her energy…   She worked until late at night and she still had the energy to take me to beautiful places…  You know what, Mom, her friend told me that she didn’t know she had a house built until they gave it to her just recently on her 30th birthday…  She said Alexa had been supporting her Aunt’s family since her husband left her and she never treated Alexa well…  Her manager and her friend thought she would not be able to save up for herself if she kept giving in to her aunt whenever she asks for money so they kept part of her earnings and later bought the house…  Mom she must be making millions…  The house is really beautiful…

Marianne :  She is lucky to have such good friends to take care of her…  But honey, isn’t she too old for you?  (Suddenly she became pensive and this did not go unnoticed…  Her zhi ai Anya has just turned 30 too…)

Jason :  Mom, when I met her she is already a big celebrity working with David but it did not stop me…  Do you think age will?  Mom, I’m still trying to know what I truly feel for her and right now I’m not ready to give up the feeling…  Mom, I know you will like her…  (When her mom gave him a smile, he remembered Alexa…  He squinted his eyes as he observed his mother…)  You know what, Mom, I just remembered…  You have her smile…  Maybe that’s one of the reasons why I liked her the moment I saw her…  (Although the smile never left her face. the sadness in her eyes betrayed what she tried to hide, and Jason knew…)  Mom, are you thinking of her again?  (She looked at him glumly…  Her son knew her well…)  How old would she be, Mom?  Around 30 right?  I bet if she were alive, she would have been as beautiful as you are…  Mom, did you know where she was buried?

Marianne :  I guess I was too distraught to ask…  Your father feared for my sanity and…

Jason :  And what, mom…

Marianne :  And he must have been guilty that he did not allow me to take your sister when we were just starting…  By the time he was ready to accept her, it was too late…  Her aunt told me that she died because of sickness and that her father was too drunk to take her to the hospital…  I was so angry…  (Anger reflected her face as she recalled…)  It was David who tried to cheer me up whenever I missed her…  The love that was meant for her, I showered him so, it was hard for him to accept you when you came along…  It was my fault and you have to bear his anger till now…  He is his father’s son without him knowing it…  He loves to a point of being selfish…  You… You are just like me…  You love unconditionally because you do not find fault in your brother’s behavior…

Jason :  You are my mother, not his…  That is something he could never take away from me………  If I had known where she was buried, I would have gone there and say, “Hey sis, I’m your little brother…”  Although I did not see her, I feel blessed knowing I am part of her…  You are not the only one who loves her, I want you to know that…  Do you think, if she were alive, David would have accepted her?