Chapter 112 : What Tomorrow May Bring

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...  I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach, when feeling out of sight...

Michael had just introduced David to one of his business associates who just arrived with his daughter when he saw Alexa running towards the gate...  He excused himself from the guests and caught up with her just when she was about to call for a ride...

David :  There you are...  I've been waiting for you...  Are you going back to the hotel without me?

Alexa was so mired with what had just been revealed to her that she did not recognize David when he stopped her from running...

David :  Ally?  (He was alarmed when he noticed her uncertainty...)  What's the matter, honey?

Alexa :  What?  Oh it's you...  David......  I...... want to go...... home...  I'm really not...... feeling well...

David :  Home?  You mean our condo?  Okay let's stay there tonight...  I already told Dad we're leaving...  (Alexa took his arm...)

Alexa :  David......  I... I need be alone...... just for tonight......  May I?

David :  (He looked at her apprehensively drying her tears from her stained face...)  Alone?  Why?  Tell me what happened...

Alexa :  (She breathe in deeply and pleaded...)  Please...  Not now, David......  I just want to go now...  I just...... I just had some bad news......  Just for tonight......  I just...... want to think......  David, please...

David :  (He took her in his arms and walked her to the car...)  Okay, I will take you there...  (He took out his phone and dialed his father's number...)  Dad, we are leaving now...  Ally isn't feeling okay...

__________________________

On their way, Alexa did not speak and David kept looking at her...  He wanted to help her but he respected her silence...  I really wished you would turn around and say, "I desperately need you..."  When they reached their condominium, David was reluctant to leave her...  He contemplated on sleeping in Val's place but Alexa begged him not to and he conceded...

David :  Alright, but if you want to go back to the hotel, call me...  Will you tell me what's bothering you when you're ready?  Do you have your keys?

Alexa :  I will...  (She searched her bag for the keys and took it out and showed him...  She cupped his cheek with her hand and David kissed it...)  Honey, thank you...  I will call you in the morning...

David waited until Alexa disappeared into the building and drove away...  These were the times when he wished to defy her wishes but he had to give her a space for herself...

In the apartment, Alexa stayed in bed crying...  She tried to understand Marianne but not having a mother for a very long time especially when she needed her most had hardened her heart to forgive her...  Then she thought of her situation with David...  How Marianne had raised him as a son...  How could I face you now?  To think that I was making love to you, living with you, sharing your bed everynight when in reality you are almost a brother...  Will your father still accept me once he learned I am your mother's daughter?  Will he still allow us to marry?  Papa, how could this be?  What am I to do?  She reached for the phone and dialed a number...

Alexa :  Jason?  I am in our condominium...  Could you come over?  Alone please...

__________________________

Marianne unwillingly decided to return to the party with Jason...  After all, it was for her and she did not want to alarm Michael...  She asked where David was and Michael informed her that Alexa wasn't feeling well...