Chapter 109

To know the pain of too much tenderness...  To be wounded by your own understanding of love...  And to bleed willingly and joyfully...

They arrived at their Taoyuan condo after lunch and immediately Alexa headed for the bedroom to prepare the bed for him while he stayed in the living room turning the CD player on and soon Alexa's song filled the room...  He slumped his body on the sofa and closed his eyes...  Since being informed of her impending departure, David had been thinking of a life without her by his side and somehow the possibility scared him...  He asked her to spend the weekend with him hoping he could convince her to stay forever and spend a life in the home he had built in his heart for her...

Alexa had changed into a more comfortable T-shirt and shorts with her hair put up in a bun when she came out of the room...  She found him lying on the sofa and thought he had fallen asleep...

Alexa :  (She carefully placed a hand on his chest and softly called out his name...)  David?

David :  (He took her hand...)  Hmm?

Alexa :  Honey, I've changed the sheets...  You can go in and rest...  Your clothes are on the bed...

David :  Let's stay here for a while...  I want to listen to your music...  I feel sicker being cooped up in the bedroom...  (He moved to give her space to sit beside him...  When she did, he wound his arm around her waist and then he noticed she had already changed into her house clothes...)  Why don't you get me some fresh clothes too so I can change...

Alexa :  Here???

David :  Why not here?  Honey, whether I change in the bedroom or here in the living room makes no difference...  There's only us in here...  You have to get used to it from now on...

Alexa :  (She stare at him while thinking, That's true...  He's right...  I'll have to get used to living with him from now on...)  I'll just get us some juice then get your clothes...

As she prepared the juice she thought of what her life would be from then on...  She knew deep in her heart she wanted to live for him...  But she still had other responsibilities...  Am I ready to leave them?  She remembered talking to Jackie and Crissy about her desire to leave show business and explore other possibilities...

Alexa :  I feel I've exhausted all my enthusiasm for this job, Tita Jack...  I mean, look at me...  People love my performance but do they love me without my songs?  Do they still want me without my performances?  I'm 28 years old and soon enough I'll be 30 in no time...  Don't you think it's about time I find someone who would love and serve me for being me?  Someone I could love and serve as Allesandra Marie and not as Alexa?  I also need someone to take care of me...  No offense meant...  You have taken good care of me and I know that, that's why I want you to explore other possibilities...  Tita Jack...  Crissy...  I'm not retiring yet but once I find a good reason to do so, I want us to be ready for it...

Jackie :  Of course, dear...  Crissy and I have been saving all our money...  Don't worry...  I already have an idea that had been toying in my mind for quite sometime now but we will yet need to have some brainstorming about this...  Ally, you have been designing the clothes you wear in most of your performances and for a long time now, Crissy and I have been exploring the idea of making these clothes bearing your name available to the public...  This is just one of the many possibilities...  So you see, there's no need to worry... 

Looking at David, she already knew he wanted her assurance when he ask her to spend the weekend with him alone...  Papa, I know in my heart that he is my life but why am I so afraid about how I feel for him?  I love him that my heart aches yet why can't I fully accept him?  Papa, please give me a reason why he should be the one to spend my life with...  I don't want to lose him...  You once told me ~ "Once you've gotten hold of a gem that's even beautiful inside, there's no need to look for another because it only takes away from how precious and beautiful your first gem is...  The time you would spend looking for another is time you could've spent cherishing the one you already have..." ~  I have found my gem, Papa, and he already resides in my heart...  Show me how to love him, Papa...