Chapter 68 (A Precious Gem)

There may be many flowers in a man's life, but there is only one rose…

Crissy and Val were aware of the relationship that David and Alexa shared…  Although Jackie was not exactly told about it, she had seen through David’s heart how he took care of her while they were working together and through Alexa’s eyes the happiness when she was with him…  The way David fussed over her food was nothing new either as they had seen this quite often, in fact, it would seem unusual to them if he did not…  However, they have forgotten that they were in San Francisco and no longer in Taiwan…  And the reporter’s curiosity heightened…

When the network assigned him the task to cover Alexa’s US concert as well as David’s visit for the promotion of the video in the country, Kuya Larry did a research on David and found out some very interesting facts and how popular he was especially with women…  When the news that Alexa got hurt because of a jealous woman while she was in Taiwan reached the Philippines, his interest as to what kind of a man would take Alexa’s heart started…  He remembered the fans concern and anger even when Alexa tried to explain it was an accident…  He viewed the advance copies of the David’s series that has been airing just to see how he worked…  He listened to his songs although he did not understand…  And then he watched the music video that Alexa and David did…  Surely the video was a gossip material but he knew Alexa personally…  He had covered many events she had done and he had admired and respected her for her achievements and her talent for a long time now…  He had seen her when she was down in the dumps and was there as she triumphed uphill…  He had reported her pains and recorded her gains…  Nothing would please him more than to see her loved by a man who would take good care of her till the end…  And based from what he had learned of David, he was not the man to do this for her, he thought…

The concert in San Francisco was just one of the many events he had to report…  He knew it would be packed to the brim…  He would be there to give her a hand in the controversy that had newly surfaced in print indirectly involving her and her ‘boyfriend’ Gio…  The network had always made it a point to protect its talents especially if it was clear that the purpose was just to smear a good name…  At the night of the concert however, he did not expect what had transpired…  “Is this for real?” he asked as he saw the way Alexa broke down in David’s arms on stage…  Clearly she wasn’t expecting him…  David wasn’t even on the guest list…  “Why is he here?  He is way too far to be just passing through…” he wondered…  A lot of questions came through his mind but was hesitant to ask as he knew Alexa…  Their acquaintance was too short for her to be involved especially with this kind of man…  But if he would believe his eyes, he would say she’s in love…  They walked out of the concert hand in hand and later with David’s arm around her…  Kuya Larry was excited as he reported an exclusive in his morning show Good Morning, Philippines where he’s a segment host for entertainment…  He had recorded the whole concert to substantiate his news…

GOOD MORNING, PHILIPPINES!!!

As the news on entertainment in the early morning show called Good Morning, Philippines!!! aired, hosts of the segment, Suzette Cabrera, a substitute host for Kuya Larry, reported on the latest with showbiz personalities followed by Michael Tagle, through his “Guess Who” portion delivered a blind item information for his viewers to tickle their tittly-tattly minds, then, by Ailynn Chen, who furnished the viewers with what’s the latest movie hits…  Among them, Ailynn Chen happened to be closed to Alexa…  As DJ Ritz provided the airwaves for Alexa’s music, Ailynn provided her a space in the print medium giving away information on where her concert venues would be and what movie she was doing and other pieces of information for her readers in a widely read newspaper where she once worked as a respected entertainment columnist…  It was tough for her before she achieved the recognition being a greenhorn hounding stars for a bit of news…  Alexa, just like her, was then starting to be recognized as a singer when she was assigned to report on her upcoming major concert…  She heard her sing, and tagged along her rehearsals and she was impressed…  From then on, she was a fan…  She gained Alexa’s trust and respect, as she was honest, astute and forthright…  She verified her news and most of all she respected Alexa’s privacy…