Chapter 114

I love thee freely, as men strive for Right; I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise...

In the morning at the airport, David could not let go of Alexa, that even when it was boarding time, he used his charm on the airport officials to be able to escort Alexa up to her seat on the plane... A stewardess approached them...

Stewardess : Hello, David... (David looked up... He was surprised to see Chen Wei Lin...)

David : Oh... Hi, Wei Lin... It's...... It's good to see you!!!

Wei Lin : Who's your friend?

David : This is Alexa, my wife... (Alexa gave him a nudge...) Owww!!! My fiancée... Honey, this is Chen Wei Lin... (Wei Lin smiled at Alexa and extended her hand, which Alexa gladly took...)

Alexa : Hello... Nice to meet you...

Wei Lin : I heard so much about you from a friend of mine... Remember Leila? She was on the flight with you on your way to Honolulu then...

Alexa : (Her eyes widened as she recalled... She thought, so you are the one whom David referred to as his bedmate and friend!!! She decided to be friendlier...) I remember now!!! Honey, remember the captain who showed us the cockpit?

David : Yes, I do... When you got jealous when you shouldn't... I remember that one... (Alexa again poke him at his side...)

Another stewardess approached them to tell David it's time for him to get off the plane... He turned to Alexa and just looked at her one more time... There were no words for both of them... David kissed her then caressed her cheek... His eyes were all over her face trying to record every detail in his heart... He laced his fingers with hers and raised it to his lips...

David : I love you... Come back to me, soon... (Alexa did not answer instead just looked at him lovingly... He turned away and stood...) Wei Lin... take care of my wife... (He said it so lovingly that Wei Lin's heart ached with jealousy as she nodded then he left without looking back...)

As soon as David left, Jackie wasted no time to speak to Alexa and the latter related what had transpired at the party of Marianne... Jackie and Crissy could not believe what they just heard... They could feel her pain as they had seen how much Alexa had to endure without a mother...

Jackie : (She took Alexa in her arms and Jackie felt her shake her whole body as she tried to control her sobbing...) Talking about how small the world really is... What are your plans, Ally?

Crissy : What about David?

Alexa : (In a whisper...) Tita, what should I do? I could not even say goodbye to him...

Crissy : Goodbye? But Ally... What about the wedding?

Alexa : I don't know... I'm confused right now... (Thinking about David made her cry...) Crissy... I don't know...... if I will...... survive it this time... I will need your help...

Jackie : Think it over... Don't be in a rush to make a decision... Whatever you come up with, we are with you... Remember, that... (Crissy rubbed her back consoling her then Alexa placed her arms around Crissy and cried hard on her shoulders...)

Crissy : We'll talk about it again with clearer minds... Cry them all out for now...

__________________________

When Alexa arrived in the Philippines after her perfomance in Korea and in the US, she was harried with questions about her relationship with David... She did not answer any of them at the airport but in Showbiz Files where her friend Richard was one of the hosts, she did not deny the relationship... From then on, speculations about her impending retirement from the industry alarmed and saddened her fans especially when it was announced by her manager, Jackie, that a concert was in its planning stage billed as LOVE, ALEXA...