Chapter 90

There's no such thing as a perfect love story... Heartaches will always be a part of loving... But remember, though not perfect, if that love is meant for you, it will stick with you till the end...

Alexa wondered why David was adding more ingredients to what they already have when there were only four of them... He even sent Val for more supplies...

Alexa : Honey, I know you are famished but we just can't finish all these...

David : We're not the only ones who'll eat them... Mom and Dad are coming...

Alexa : Oh... (David said it so casually that Alexa failed to digest what he meant and when she did...) Will you run that by me again...

David : I said Dad and Mom are coming...

Alexa : What??? When??? (Alexa panicked and looked at David like she was lioness ready to pounce...) Why are you telling me only now? Grrrr... You are such an insufferable man... (Alexa dropped everything she was doing and went to the room...)

David : What did you just say? (He asked as she turned away but he could only look at her retreating back... He turned to Crissy who was busy chopping the tomatoes...) Crissy, what was that all about?

Crissy : That is one trait of hers that you should be wary about... She does love surprises but not this one... If you could not persuade her to come back and continue with this, your parents will have to make do with my cooking... But I can't assure you if it would taste as good...

David : Golllllly!!! She's turning to be a brat...

Crissy : David, she IS already a brat even before you met her or haven't you noticed it yet?

David followed her upstairs into the room but the door was locked from the inside... He tried knocking but Alexa did not open...

Crissy : (She called out...) Just let her be, David... She will come out when she's ready......... (When he rejoined them...) David, do not try to appease her while she's still angry because you might not like what you will hear... She is really a brat but only when she's angry that's why you often hear me say "she turns green when she's angry..." Don't worry it will subside soon... Your patience will be tested with Alexa but it should be easy for you since you are ready to pamper her like a queen...

David : Thanks Crissy... Brat or not I love her and d*mn if I would easily give up on her...

__________________________

David and Crissy heard her coming and both of them fell silent trying to look busy cutting up the meat when Alexa showed up... She quietly did her tasks and they never heard a word from her... It was as quiet as a graveyard when Val returned and knew something was wrong... He thought Crissy could not stand a day without talking and when he looked at her, she pursed her lips tight... Alexa went about her task with concentration and when everything was set, she slipped into the room to change... David followed and this time the door wasn't locked... While they were in the room, Crissy explained to Val what happened and understood Alexa...

Val : He was hell-bent on impressing his parents that he did not consider what it will do to her... He should have asked her if it's alright to invite them... But what does he know anyway... He wanted to show her off...

Crissy : Is it really important for David to impress his parents?

Val : Sweetheart, all his life he tried to excel in all endeavor he sets his mind into hoping his father would be proud... Unfortunately, if he was ever proud of David, he did not show it the way David wanted it... But at his birthday party his father said it all... And most of all, did you see how his parents loved Alexa? She must have felt it too somehow so now, she is afraid to fail... She must be thinking, what if they don't like the food... Not that it mattered to David but if you will analyze it, Alexa is more afraid of disappointing David than his parents... If I would place you in the same situation, I'm sure you'd act just like she did...