Chapter 32

What's meant to be will always find a way…  - Trisha Yearwood -

David was silent all throughout the afternoon…  Alexa thought with David’s behavior, their dinner would no longer push through so when they reach her suite, she went straight to her room and did not come out…  She was also trying to avoid David…  Somehow she still hurt inside for making her feel she meant nothing to him…  She slumped her tired body to bed face down and tried to shake him off her mind as tried to get some sleep…  A gentle rap on her door distracted her…  Thinking it was Crissy, she just told her to come in staying the way she is…

Alexa :  I need a massage, Crissy…

David surreptitiously walked towards the bed and slowly sat beside her slumped body and started to massage her back gently starting from her nape to her shoulder blades…  Alexa closed her eyes thinking of David’s change of behavior earlier…

Alexa :  Crissy, do you think I will ever find the necklace?  I‘ve had it since I was seven…  Why do I feel that I lost a big chunk of my being Allesandra when I lost it?  (Alexa was silent after that…  David remained silent too as he continue to rub her back gently…)  Crissy, I couldn’t understand David’s behavior earlier…  He was just fine in the morning, now I don’t know what upset him…  I should be the one who should be angry…  I just know that woman was one of his clandestine lovers and he gave her importance over me in public…  I don’t think I can go through with this…

David :  What’s the story behind the necklace and who’s Allesandra?  Is that your given name?

Alexa’s eyes opened wide in surprise when she heard a man’s voice…  As if a bolt of lightning shocked her body, she tried to get up but David stopped her…

David :  Hold still…  (She stopped struggling and just closed her eyes tightly burying her face on the pillow in embarrassment…  He continued…)  Is that how they call you at home?  (Alexa could only manage to shake her head like an ostrich digging a hole to hide its head…  David tried to turn her over but she resisted…)  I want you to look at me when I’m talking to you…  (When Alexa did not budge, David bent his head and whispered in her ear…)  You wouldn’t like what I would do if you don’t turn around…

Alexa :  You wouldn’t dare…  Why are you still here?  I thought you’d be gone by now…  Get out of the room, David…  (She still did not budge challenging him…)

David :  Turn around and face me, Allesandra…

Alexa :  (Angry for calling her by her given name, she ranted without thinking…)  Who gave you the right to call me by that name?  Who are you to tell me what to do?   What made you think I will do what you want?  You never listened to me…  What makes you think I will listen to you?  I am not a plaything you can toy with anytime you feel like it…  Get out of here…  Get out of my mind…  Better yet, get out of my life…

It was too late before she realized the litany she just ranted and David was just as surprised at what he just heard…

David :  What are you saying, Alexa?  Tell it to my face…  (He commanded her…)

Alexa :  No!!!

David :  You are asking for it…

He kissed her at the back of her neck to her surprised…  He meant just to warn her but her defiance and the faint scent of the flowers that pervaded the room seemed to blend with the passion that slowly overcame him and lost control of himself…  He kissed her with all his passion and she was just to weak to resist him…