Chapter 99

For even as love crowns you, so shall he crucify you... Even as he is for your growth, so is he for your pruning...

After having lunch with David's parents, they took her to shops around the hotel, introducing her to some of the owners and later on took her to Michael's office and introduced her to his staffs...

As soon as she went back to her room, she took time to assess what had transpire... Talking with Michael gave her the feeling she was being introduced to the hotel business... Amid the euphoria of being considered already a family, she was suddenly apprehensive... It would mean leaving her country, friends and work that she loved to do...

She did not know when she dozed off but she was roused when she felt someone was trying to open the bedroom door... It could not have been David, she thought, because she knew his shoot would take him the whole day and when she looked at the time, it was near dinnertime... Slowly she climbed off the bed and stealthily walked towards the door... She was just about to reach for it when it swung open and a beautiful, elegantly dressed lady walked in but stopped when she saw Alexa inside... The lady was looking at her assessingly, obviously surprised at her presence when David came in with panic in his eyes... Standing side by side, Alexa remembered her from the photo album... "She must be Julianne... She's more beautiful in person..."

David : Honey, I can explain...

Julianne and Alexa : Explain what?

Julianne : David, who is she? And why is she wearing the shirt I gave you? Obviously, you lied to me again... You told me you've changed and it's time for me to come back... (She did not give David a chance to say a word and left hurriedly...)

David looked at the furious Alexa apologetically and left the room to follow Julianne... Alexa felt her world suddenly collapsed... She felt her knees weakened and fell on the floor crying out the pain and the heartache brought about by what had just transpired... "I thought you love me... You told me I'm the only one and I believed you... I loved you with all my heart, you son of a... Why did you lie to me? She hit the floor with her fists hoping the pain she would feel with every punch would be greater than the pain she carried in her heart... "I believed you, David... I believed you... Why did you lie to me? Please come back to me... Please don't leave me!!! While still sitting, pounding the floor with her now bloodied hands, David appeared at the doorway and when he saw Alexa, he immediately restrained her hand holding them tightly to prevent her from further hurting herself...

David : What are you doing?

Alexa : Are you back for good, David?

David : What are you saying? (Trying to avoid the piercing look of Alexa...)

Alexa : Look at me and tell me the truth... That woman, do you still love her?

David : (He could not avoid her question anymore... She needed an answer and he thought he should spare her from further hurt...) I am sorry, Ally... It's just that when I saw her again this morning, I realized I could not give her up... I love you but I do love her more...

Alexa : (She felt like an ice-cold water had just been dumped on her leaving her too frozen to move... After a while...) Well, I guess I should leave... (She tried to regain some composure when he tried to get near her...) Get away from me, David... Just give me an hour to pack...

David : You don't have to leave... You can stay here until we finish the series...

Alexa : Go away, David...

David held her tight as she struggled to free herself away from him... She was feeling too tired from the pain overwhelming the very core of her being that she could barely hear him pleading...