Chapter 120

Hold me on your heart as the brave sea holds the foam... Take me far away to the hills that hide your home...

David was never the same after he read Alexa's letter... James was able to talk to Jackie but all she said was that Alexa was in good health but had to stay in the hospital for an indefinite time... When David learned that she was still in the hospital, he wondered if Alexa was really in good health like Jackie said... He dialed Jackie's number...

David : Jackie, please tell me the truth... How is Alexa? I will not force you to tell me where she is but please tell me why it's taking her too long in the hospital... Crissy said she had chest pains... Is there anything I should know that she did not tell me? Is it something like what Sarah has? Is that the reason why she left me that note?

Jackie : I don't know about the note, David... Anyway, she really wanted to tell you everything that day... She wanted you to be there with her... Whatever is in that note, David, I think that call would have made you happy... But instead of surprising you it seemed that she got the surprise of her life...

David : I would still insist on my innocence although I do not expect you to believe me...

Jackie : She never thought you could do that to her and took it very hard... We had to rush her to the hospital in the morning and had to be confined... You will only upset her if you insist on seeing her, David... You had your chance and blew it... I am sorry...

David did not insist anymore... What was it, Ally? What was it that you could not tell me but you could tell Jason? He remembered the night he showed the note to Val who, was surprised to see David at his doorstep...

Val : Boss, do you think this has something to do with Jason being there?

David : What did you say?

Val : I saw him coming out of this building when Crissy and I arrived that night... Crissy asked me not to tell you until she finds out what really happened... Crissy said Jason's presence could mean nothing and should not complicated things further... Boss, what if the news she received is about you and asked Jason about it?

David : Jason is in London... What time is it in London? (David looked at his watch and dialed the Chelsea Serranoge Hotel...) Hello, this is David Hao, I am calling from Taiwan and it is important that I speak with Mr. Jason Hao, please... (Soon enough, Jason's voice was at the other end of the line...) Hello, Jason... David here...

[Jason : (He was surprised at his call and could not help thinking something might have happened at home...) What is it, David? Did something happened at home?]

David : What made you think that?

[Jason : I don't think you'd call just to say hi... Anyway, how are you? How's Ally?]

David : I called to ask you if Ally told you what happened at Mom's party... Val told me he saw you here and assumed you saw her...

[Jason : Oh that? Well yes, I did see her... Ally called me to say she forgot her things and asked if I could bring it to your place in Taoyuan but I did not find it... Mom was a little worried and asked me to go and see her instead of just calling her to find out how she really is... Anyway, she said she's doing just fine and that you'd be arriving later then, so I left...]

David : Would you know when Sarah would be operated on? Did they tell you where they were staying?

[Jason : I'm just waiting for their call...]