Wizard's Tale 1: Chapter 42

(Dustin POV)

Those tiny creatures called Dactyls are now healing Yana's wound. Brylle told us there's no need for us to worry. Then I dedided na puntahan kung nasaan ngayon si Elysse. Nasa isang kwarto siya at nag-iisa. "Hey, are you alright?"

"I'd be lying if I say yes. How'sYana?"

"Magaling na siya." I sat beside her to talk about Brylle. Alam kong yun ang gumugulo sa isip niya kaya siya mag-isa dito. "Get over him, Elysse. You know from the start that it is impossible for you and Brylle, right?"

"But Dustin! He's the first man I've ever liked!"

"You just like him because you find him as a challenge. You always get what you want but you can't get Brylle's heart."

"Exactly my point! Ngayon na nga lang ako nagka-gusto sa isang tao, hindi pa magka-gusto saakin?"

I patted her head and look at her sad face. "You once said na para sayo, mas matimbang pa rin ako na best friend mo kesa kay Brylle. Ibig sabihin, you're not really in love with him. It's just so hard for you to admit that you lost. Set them free, Elysse. They deserve each other."

"Kahit pa si Yana yun?"

"Oo. Kahit pa si Yana yun." Then I sighed.

"I really can't believe you. Paano mo nagagawang sumuko at hayaan na masaktan ang sarili mo? You're such a martyr!"

"Let's put it this way. I let her go, I suffered just once then I moved on. But if I decided to continue holding on knowing that she'll never be mine, then I'll suffer much longer. How do you think I can move on with that?" Elysse was thinking. "Now tell me, which one is better?"

She was hesitant at first but words came out from her mouth. "Let go—now."

"Yes, that's the right and best way to do." Then we hugged. Palaging kami talaga ang magkakampi sa huli. "Don't worry, Brylle isn't the only man who can offer you happiness. Marami pang darating at pagpipilian mo."

Tapos bigla niya akong hinampas. "Why do I always end up agreeing with you?"

"Because you know I'm right. And you know the right decision." And at last, we were able to laugh despite the situation. "Pero bago yan, may kasalanan ka rin saakin, Elysse. Ako na best friend mo, hindi mo man lang sinabihan ng secret mo."

She pouted her lips and rolled her eyes. This is the childlike Elysse na tanging ako lang ang nakakaalam. "A simple sorry will be fine, right? Alam ko namang hindi ka nagagalit. So I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

"You're taking advantage of my kindness." I shook in surrender. "But what will be your decision? Sabi ni Brylle kanina, you have to come with him."

"I don't know, Dustin. You know, I'm always praying na sana malaman ko na ang tungkol sa tunay kong pagkatao. But instead of feeling happy or thrilled, I only felt horror. I still don't believe I'm the person they are looking for."

"But you are the Lux Princess." Napa-buntong hininga naman siya sa title na binibigay nila sa kanya. "We should trust Brylle too. He saved your life and he knows what's best for you. Halika na puntahan na natin sila."

* * *

(Alyanna POV)