Wizard's Tale 1: Chapter 37

(Elysse POV)

I can't believe what Alyanna just did! She's crazy in love with Dustin, yet why the heck is she dumping him now! Siya pa talaga! "Dustin, wait up!" At last, naabutan ko rin siya.

"Hey..." From the sound of his voice and expression of his face, I know he's very sad.

"Are you alright? I saw everything. I saw what Alyanna did to you." Natahimik lang siya nun.

He sighed heavily before he drew a fake smile on his face. "Please, wag kang magalit sa kanya." And feeling hopeless, he just leaned at the wall. I followed what he did naman. "It's not her fault, Elysse."

Oh my poor Dustin! He's my best friend and he's very dear to me. Kaya nga hindi ko matanggap what Alyanna did to him. "I'm sorry, Dustin. It's actually my fault." I mumbled terribly. "It's my fault that I'm the one who pushed you to go after her because of one silly deal."

"What deal?"

"You know naman na I like Brylle, di ba? After knowing that Alyanna likes you, I made a pact with her that I'll build you two together and in exchange, she will help me with Brylle naman."

"No, it's neither your fault, Elysse. Ako naman din ang nag-desisyon na mag-confess na noon kay Alyanna." Then he released a deep sigh of gloominess. "She's a glimpse of heaven to me and I actually thought that everything will always be in my favor. I just didn't expect na mare-realize niya agad na hindi talaga ako ang gusto niya."

"Sumusuko ka na agad?"

"It's not giving up nor letting go. It's understanding her feelings."

Ito ang isang ugali ni Dustin na hindi ko kailanman matanggap! He's super nice that sometimes make him stupid and a martyr! And it's so hard to believe na ako ang mas nasasaktan para sa kanya dahil ganyan siya.

"Do you know na ba kung sino ang ipinalit niya sayo?" He was quiet for a while but replied that he had no idea kung sino ang lalaking talagang gusto ni Alyanna.

The silence filled the whole place. Naawa ako sa best friend ko. It was his first time to chase after someone that he likes but he just got rejected! Moreover, isang tulad lang ni Alyanna ang gumawa nun sa kanya!

"Geez! I hate that girl! She'll see! Magbabayad talaga siya. She can't do this to you!"

Dustin stared at me for a while and he said, "You know you can't do it, right?"

"Of course I can! Galit ako sa kanya kahit ano pang sabihin mo! Humanda siya saakin."

"Si Alyanna ang kauna-unahang babaeng kaibigan mo." Nakatitig lang siya like he's observing my reaction to what he said. "Kahit ganyan ka Elysse, you treat your friends like treasures and to you, Alyanna is a precious gem you've ever had."

I rolled my eyes. "So what now? Paano ka naman? I don't want to see you like this!"

"I'll get over this in time."

"But—this could only mean one thing! Sa Spring Gala! Wala ka nang ka-date!"

"Tingin ko nga. Ikaw ba nasabihan mo na si Brylle na siya ang gusto mong ka-date?"

"Holy crap! I forgot to tell him! Hinabol kasi kita bago pa namin magpag-usapan kanina!"

And this is another Alyanna's fault! Makikita talaga niya! Pati ang date ko sana for that night, nagulo din!

"Siguro nandun pa rin si Brylle. Go ahead, balikan mo siya."

Napaisip ako nun. Babalikan ko ba si Brylle? If I go now, I'm sure naman maabutan ko pa siya. Pwede ko pang makita si Alyanna para maaway ko na ang babaeng yun. But then...