Chapter 100

Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun, so shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth...

Marco was asleep when Alexa and Crissy arrived at the hospital...  Her heart sank when he saw her cousin all bandaged up except for the face...  Sarah gave Alexa the details of the accident and updated her on Marco's condition which was not good...  He had been depressed since he learned of his girlfriend's death...

Alexa :  I really feel tired from all this, Sarah...  What is so frustrating is that I can't even do anything to help him...  I can ask the doctors to heal him but his heart must bear the consequences of his action...  Nasaan si Auntie Elena?  (Just then Marco stirred and Alexa was by his side in an instant...)  Hi!!!  Are you feeling alright?  [Where is Auntie Elena?]

Marco :  Bakit nandito ka?  Hindi ka kailangan dito...  (He turned to look away from her...)

[Why are you here?  You are not needed here...]

Alexa :  I came because I want to see you and I want to help too...

Marco :  I don't need your help...  I want to die...  I WANT TO DIE!!!

Alexa :  Huwag kang ganyan...  Don't give up, Marco...  [Don't be like that...]

Marco :  Don't give up?  If you want to help, IBALIK MO SI LANIE!!!  [BRING LANIE BACK!!!]  LANIE!!!  LANIE!!!

Alexa :  (She cried at his frustration...)  If I could bring her back I will but she's gone, Marco...  You have to let go...

Marco :  NO!!!  Kailangan ko sya...  Sasama ako sa kanya...  Hindi kita kailangan...  Umalis ka na...  UMALIS KA NA...  GUSTO KO NANG MAMATAY!!!  (He started hurting himself...)

[I need her...  I'll go with her...  I don't need you...  Go away...  GO AWAY...  I WANT TO DIE!!!]

Alexa :  MARCO, STOP IT!!!  Stop hurting yourself...  Sarah, please call the doctor or the nurse...

Sarah did as she was told and came with the nurses who gave him a sedative to calm down...

Marco :  Lanie...  I am so sorry...  I am so sorry...  (He cried for his girlfriend until he fell asleep...)

Alexa was heartbroken witnessing the pain that her cousin was going through...  She wanted to help but she did not know how...  When she found Crissy, who just stood there shaken, she ran to her and cried her heart out...

Alexa :  Crissy, how can I help him...

Crissy :  There's nothing you can do now...  Let the doctors help him first but stray away too far...  He will still need your support...

Crissy knew this would happen sooner or later but what annoyed her was knowing how it would affect her friend...  They had given her nothing but suffering yet Alexa would be the first one to be affected once something bad happens...  She resented Alexa's cousins but Alexa could not stay away from them and all she could do was support her friend...

Meanwhile, in Taiwan, David was having dinner with Val at the hotel's restaurant when Michael and Marianne walked in and saw them...

Marianne :  Your son is here...  (Her eyes wondered around but did not find what she was looking for...)  But where is Ally?  (David greeted them as soon as he saw his parents coming...)  Hi, David...  Where is Ally?

David :  She's in the Philippines...  She left this morning...

Marianne :  By the way, did Ally tell you that she met Trisha last week at the coffee shop?