Chapter 91

If, out of time, I could pick one moment and keep it shining, always new, of all the days that I have lived, I'd pick the moment I met you...

It was already one o'clock in the afternoon and although her appointment was at three o'clock, Alexa was ready to go... On their way, Crissy's phone rang and was surprised to hear David's voice asking her to pick him up at the airport...

David : Please don't tell her just yet...

Crissy was disappointed to know that Val wasn't with him because he left Taiwan without telling anyone and David could sense it in her voice although she agreed... While Alexa wasn't looking, Crissy passed a note to Mang Erning telling him to go to the airport... Alexa did not care what route her driver was taking since traffic was bad but was surprised as they turned towards the airport...

Alexa : Crissy, why are we here? (Crissy did not have to answer as she already saw a very familiar figure waiting for them... He wore a very dark sunglasses and a fisherman's cap almost covering his vision... He was garbed in white T-shirt and faded blue jeans making him look like an ordinary traveler but Alexa would not be fooled...) Is that... IT'S DAVID!!! HE'S HERE!!! (Alexa immediately opened the door and hugged him tight that David found it hard to breathe as soon as he climbed into the van...) YOU'RE HERE!!! (Then her tears flowed realizing she wasn't dreaming and that he was really there...)

David : Heyyyy!!! How did you recognize me? Did you miss me that much? (Then softly he told her...) Don't cry...

Alexa : My heart would recognize you anywhere............ (Unmindful that Crissy and Mang Erning were with them, Alexa planted kisses on David's face...) Yes I missed you... Did you miss me? Did you?

David : Okay, okay... Aren't you afraid that Crissy and Ernie might tell on you?

Alexa : They won't... Both of them are my family and they love me too much...

David : (He cleared his throat when he saw Mang Erning smiling through the mirror...) I'm sorry, Crissy, I didn't tell Val I left... He doesn't even know I'm here... Please don't tell him when he calls looking for me... I just want to be here for her check up... I will call him later... I'll tell him I'm on a beach somewhere to unwind... We can't tell them I'm here...

Alexa : Crissy, we can't tell the public about us yet... Probably when we have started doing the series... Hon, but can't you at least tell Val where you are?

David : Val is not a good liar... He rattles when he lies and that's a tip for you, Crissy...

Alexa : Until when are you staying?

David : I'll leave tomorrow, sweetie... I just want to make sure you are alright...

__________________________

David however, stayed another week... It was the longest break he ever gave himself since he got busy with his profession but spending it with Alexa, he thought he wouldn't exchange this for whatever life he had in the past... There were no more tears when they parted but their hearts were filled with anticipation of their next meeting... David was a different man when he returned home... Val noticed he was more focused and assured... At the final brainstorming of the series, James was amazed at his shrewdness... He secretly smiled at David's patience... Slowly, he showed a more controlled temper...

At the traditional luncheon party that SUNTV would usually hold before the onset of every series they make for posterity, the casts were introduced showing video clips of series and movies each had done... Alexa's clips were from her movies and one of her concerts even David had not seen... He reminisced the last time he was with her... He knew just how busy Alexa's day was but he didn't have any idea just how much until he saw it himself... And he loved her more as he discovered another facet of Alexa... Through her busy schedule, she would wake up earlier than the usual just so she could personally prepare his breakfast before she left for the day... He stood there smiling at his recollection when a reporter noticed and approached him... He called his attention but David was too mesmerized to become aware of and when he did...