Chapter 87

If love can be avoided by simply closing our eyes, then I wouldn't blink at all for I don't want to let a second pass having fallen out of love with you…

Lunch was served after the contract signing and a press conference was held immediately after dessert…  It was also the first time Alexa was introduced to the man who would be her other leading man in the series…  Mr. Nelson King, Taiwan’s award winning supporting actor of the year…  He was noted for his professionalism and dedication and a certified bachelor…  Although he was handsome enough to be linked to a lot of women, his relationships were few and there had never been reports that he played with any of them…  When Alexa was introduced to him, he could not take his eyes off her…  He tried to confine her to a conversation but David, who was just waiting for an opportunity, managed to get her attention and from then on never left her side…  At the press conference, Nelson King was asked what he thought of Alexa…

Nelson King :  Isn’t she beautiful?  I have yet to see her perform but from the reviews I’ve read, I’m impressed…

Reporter :  What will be your participation in the series?

Nelson King :  I will be Han Li Wen, the best friend of David’s character who will fall in love with Ms. Alexa’s character…

Reporter :  So, shall we expect a lot of scenes together from both of you?  Is there a possibility for both of you to fall for each other?

Nelson King :  (He laughed hard at the question…)  Yes, there will be a lot of scenes involving the two of us based on the script that I read…  As for the possibility, anything is possible…

Reporters had a field day when it came to David and Alexa…  They answered every question they were asked but were cautious when asked about their closeness to each other that, although they answered them, it seemed in the end, as far as their relationship was concerned, the reporters and the public still had to rely on what they would see…  Alexa however, gave the reporters and everyone present a better understanding of how close they really were when, before they ended the press conference, she was asked to sing a song…  Crissy remembered she still had the tape Alexa used for David’s birthday…  The music that played was Distance of Time and everyone knew it was David’s song and as she had not yet memorized the lyrics she asked David to help her…  As they ended, everyone raced for the exit to beat their deadlines…  Alexa joined her superiors who were scheduled to fly home that afternoon…  Jackie would be leaving with them to attend to the details of Alexa’s schedule so she left Alexa in Crissy’s care…  Nelson King, who was with the SUNTV executives, kept looking in Alexa’s direction to David’s annoyance…

When Alexa turned to find David, she smiled as she saw him waved…  She noticed her other co-star looking at her and slightly bowed to acknowledge him but returned another smile to David before she approached him…

Nelson King thought that smile on Alexa’s face was the sweetest he had seen and his heartbeat stopped in anticipation as she saw her coming but as she came closer, he was disappointed when David met her…  She seemed not to notice him as they walked pass him and overheard Alexa…

Alexa :  Aren’t you done yet?  Jackie is leaving and I want to see her off…

David :  I was just waiting for you…  (He excused himself and left with her…)

Nelson King saw them leave with Alexa holding on to David’s arm…  “If only I met her first…”

__________________________

After seeing Jackie off the airport, David invited Alexa and Crissy to his apartment…  The apartment, Alexa found out, was just like his suite at the hotel but the furnitures were carefully picked and expensive…  On one side of the living room, a elegant long armoir with matching display cabinets on both sides ran the length of the wall…  On top of the armoir were frames of David’s pictures from childhood to the time when he graduated from college…  There were pictures of him as a sportsman and one in a karate stance, which reminded her of how he sent Gio to the floor the last time he was in the Philippines…  Amid all these frames were her pictures she did not know she had and David’s, which she assumed Sarah had taken…  In one of the display cabinets, she saw the model car with its broken door near it…  The other cabinet, Alexa found trophies he got from different sports he had joined in…  Looking at Alexa as her eyes wondered about the place, David joined her and grabbed her by the waist…  He showed her the kitchen and dining room decorated with oak wood shelves and plates made of fine china…  His appliances were all of fine brands…

Alexa :  Hmm…  Seem like a waste for someone like you who does not seem to stay in one place…  Do you know how to cook?  Your kitchen seem to belong to a chef with all these appliances…  You must be a good cook…

David :  I am not as good as you are but I could whip one or two recipes…  Truth is, it’s Mom who wanted my kitchen to look this way…

Alexa :  Hmm…  I like your place…  It’s very elegant…  Very Victorian…  She has very good taste…

David :  Impeccable…  I’m glad you liked it because from now on it’s your kitchen…  (David handed her a set of keys…)  Here take this with you…

Alexa :  What are these keys for?

David :  Honey, they are keys to the hotel suite and to this apartment…  You have a second home now…  When you need to get away, come here…

Alexa :  David, ahh…  Did you give your keys to Julianne or Trisha too?  Will you answer me honestly?

David :  (He smiled and took her in his arms then looked at her straight in the eye…)  No, I did not…  They would take my keys and from the front desk and they don’t have keys here…  I never gave them anything…

Alexa :  (Seeing their pictures again on the armoir…)  Did you take that picture?

David :  No, Sarah did…  You should see the pictures that she sent me…  It’s all in OUR room…  Want to see it?  (Once inside the bedroom, Alexa felt more like it was their room rather than David’s alone…  Her pictures were displayed on the wall and on the table by the window…)  Well?

Alexa :  Did Sarah take all this?  Hmmm…  I’m impressed…  I think it’s about time I put her talent to good use…

Crissy followed them into the room since they left it open…

Crissy :  Wow, Ally!!!  Is this your room or what?  (Crissy laughed teasing them…)  Well done, David…  I’m impressed…

David left Alexa and Crissy inside the bedroom to prepare the food they bought… 

Crissy :  Hmm…  I think David had created a home for you, Ally…  Ahh…  Did you………  sleep with him last night?  (Alexa was looked at Crissy…)

Alexa :  Yes, but……  Would you believe if I tell you nothing happened last night?

Crissy :  (Crissy’s eyes grew wide in disbelief…)  Are you trying to pull my leg or something?

Alexa :  No, I am not…  How about you and Val?  Did you………

Crissy :  (She avoided looking at Alexa…)  At the resthouse in Tagaytay…

Alexa :  I knew something was amiss…  I’ve never seen you so happy…  Have you set the date?

Crissy :  We are still trying to agree on where we will stay…  If that’s settled then, we will set the date…  Do you really mean to tell me…

Alexa :  He tried but I’m still recuperating from the accident…  How was it, Crissy?

Crissy briefly told her what happened and what she saw happened in the sauna that night…  Alexa felt embarrassed but Crissy smiled assuringly…  She had felt Val’s sincerity towards her friend when he knew her pain and yet asked that she talk to David just so he’d be allowed to go to America to be with her friend…  She embraced Crissy…

Alexa :  Stay happy, Crissy…

__________________________