Grocery Store

"Kim, I can't find this brand of coffee." I tell her over the phone.
"Get any brand."
"I hate going grocery shopping," I groan. "Bye."
"Bye, come soon, I need to make dinner." Saying this, Kim ends the call. Why are there so many brands of coffee? All coffee tastes the same, right? As I'm about to switch off my phone, I notice the day, and date. It's been a month since we've come to Singapore. Thankfully, there hasn't been any sign of Harry or his friends. Kim, Shawn and I have bought an apartment. Shawn and I have managed to find jobs, and our salary is pretty good. I'm so happy I took Harry's money from the safe, without that money, we'd be on the streets. Shawn and I got visas based on our jobs, and we sponsored Kim for a green card. Everything's working out perfectly.
"Ironic, isn't it? I met you for the first time in a grocery store, and we're in a grocery store right now." Shit! I don't turn around. I grab hold of my trolley, and start to push it. I'll get the coffee from another store.
"Bella, look at me. Don't act like I'm not here." Harry says, following me. I enter another aisle, and pick up a cereal box. He grabs hold of my forearm and pulls me back. Our faces are merely inches apart. If Harry pulls me any closer, our lips will meet.
"I don't have anything to say to you!" I say, pulling my forearm from his tight grip.
"I do! Talk to me." I continue to push my trolley down the aisle. I have nothing to say to Harry, and I don't want to hear anything that he has to say.
"Bella! I don't want to force you." I scoff, and turn around.
"Force me? Harry, you've been forcing me to do things since I met you." I turn back around, and turn into another aisle.
"Bella, come on. Just hear me out for two minutes." Why can't he leave me alone? I'm sick and tired of Harry.
"Harry, I don't care what you say. I've moved on, and you should too." I say, grabbing a packet of cinnamon sticks.
"I don't believe that. When you love someone, you can't move on that quickly."
"I never loved you, and neither did you." I know it's a lie, and he does too. I did love him, but he never loved me, and he never can.
"That's a lie. I love you, and so do you." Harry starts walking beside me. "If you're telling the truth, look in my eyes and say it." I stop, and turn to look at him.
"I never loved you. Happy?" Harry frowns, and knits his eyebrows together.
"That's a lie," he murmurs.
"No, it isn't. I've moved on. I have a boyfriend." That isn't true, but I hope he doesn't catch onto my lie.
"You do?" He asks me, surprised.
"Yes, I do." I reach the cashier. I bend down and start to take out the items from the trolley. Harry bends down as well, and helps me do so.
"Who is?" He asks me.
"A colleague." I say as nonchalantly as possible.
"Where do you work?"
"It's none of your business!" I snap at him. The woman looks at us, confused.
"Do your job!" Harry says, scowling. She looks down, timidly.
"Don't speak to her like that." I scold him, as I take out my wallet.
"What'd you do with the money you took from the safe?"
"It's none of your business," I repeat.
"Actually, it is. Since it was my money. I could get you thrown in jail for stealing it."
"You wouldn't dare." I know Harry, and he won't do that.
"You can't legally marry anyone." What? I turn to look at him, stunned.
"Are you kidding me?!" I can't believe he would stoop this low. "You can't use our marriage against me. It means nothing to either of us."
"Yes, it does! It means everything to me." I hand the woman the amount that she asked for. Arguing with Harry is like banging my head against a wall.
"If it did, you wouldn't have let those people abuse me. But, you didn't care. I'm not a toy, I have feelings." The woman hands me my change, and the shopping bags. Smiling, I take them. Suddenly, my phone buzzes, and I place the bags on the floor. The message is from Shawn.
"Outside. Waiting for you." It reads.
"Coming." I message back. I place my phone in my pocket, and pick up the bags.
"Shawn's your boyfriend?" Harry asks me, as I'm about to exit the store.
"No!" I say. I start to walk towards the place where Shawn usually picks me up from.
"It sure as hell seems like it." Why is he still following me?
"Well, it's not like that. Stop following me, and go away."
"Belle, I'm not going to let you forget me that easily. I still love you and I always will. I'm ready to go to any lengths to get you back."
"I know exactly what you're going to do. You're going to kidnap me as always." I shrug my shoulders.
"No, I won't. I will make you fall in love with me again." That will never happen.
"I will never love you."
"Yes, you will." Saying this, Harry's footsteps recede as I keep walking toward Shawn's car. I can see he's on his phone. Thank God, he didn't see Harry. Shawn would start a fight with Harry. I knock on the car's window, and he jumps in his seat in surprise. He rolls down the window, smiling.
"You scared me! Don't do that again." Shawn says.
"You're the easiest person to scare." I say, laughing. "Open the trunk, I need to place these bags in there." Shawn does so, and gets out of the car.
"Let me help you." He says, taking a few bags from my hand.
"Thanks." Once we've placed all of the bags inside the trunk, he shuts it.
"Let's go, before Kim kills us." Shawn says, opening the car door for me. He's been acting sweeter than usual.
"Thanks." I say, as I take a seat. Shawn smiles, and jogs over to his side. Once we've buckled our seat-belts, Shawn starts the car, and speeds off.
"You look tired." Shawn says. I lift my head off the window, and turn to face him.
"Yeah, it's been a long day," I say. If only he knew.